Skip to content

Game crashing when playing resting movie.

Admiral_ThrawnAdmiral_Thrawn Member Posts: 27
edited January 2014 in General Modding
My game is crashing whenever I rest, and it's getting worse. First, it was with just Jaheira, now it doesn't matter who I have, and now it's crashing whenever I rest. This is getting irritating. here's the save.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Have you done any type of editing and/or have any mods installed?
  • Admiral_ThrawnAdmiral_Thrawn Member Posts: 27
    I have the tweak pack, and I did a little editing. Made it so I could be a wild mage, and added a few spell slots to my character (but that's not the problem, atleast I don't think it's that. I have another character with the same number of spell slots and he does just fine when resting). I also leveled her as an inquisitor so she can use dispel magic and true sight and a druid so she can summon an Elemental Prince.
    Those are lots of edits, it might be a spell that will fail to be memorized or maybe something touches the movies and that causes the crashes.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    This save game will not load in DLTCEP, even after it says it has fixed it. I would say that this is a mod issue.

What editing did you do, and what did you use to do it?
    I used EEKeeper to first make her an Inquisitor, then made her a druid, then made her a wild mage, and added spell slots to her, so she has 12 slots a level for both cleric and mage.
    @Admiral_Thrawn, what version of Keeper did you use, and what version of the Tweak Pack did you install?
    v14 of the tweak pakc, and version 1.0.2.2 of EEKeeper
    edited January 2014

v14 of the tweak pakc, and version 1.0.2.2 of EEKeeper

Well, that's one of the latest versions of EEKeeper (still not sure @Troodon80 you should know this).
    I don't know anything about the Tweak Pack.
    EDIT: ooooh!! I have 1.0.2.3, what means that 1.0.2.2 is the latest!!
    @CrevsDaak, no, 1.0.2.3 is the latest. I released soon after you said it was looking good. :-)

I downloaded and installed the Tweak Pack to see what was wrong. @Admiral_Thrawn, can you upload the weidu.log (it can be found in the game directory). I installed every component from the Tweak Pack and I'm still missing items; it appears to be something to do with the Item Upgrade mod (not sure if that was included in the Tweak Pack).

In the mean time, I'm going to move this to the modding section to see if there are any modders who can help resolve it.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433

My game is crashing whenever I rest, and it's getting worse. First, it was with just Jaheira, now it doesn't matter who I have, and now it's crashing whenever I rest. This is getting irritating. here's the save.

It looks like the culprit is the huge number of innate abilities of your character. Try reducing the number to less than 256.
    argent77 said:

It looks like the culprit is the huge number of innate abilities of your character. Try reducing the number to less than 256.
    EEKeeper caps Innate Abilities at somewhere under 150 (not sure where it stops telling you to add Innate Abilities), unless when you add by kit this limit is ignored.
    And I recommend having less than 255, you know, sometimes you gain more abilities at level up.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited January 2014
    argent77 said:

Or more specifically, it's the number of memorized innate abilities (which also includes spell triggers and sequencers). I don't know if you can modify it with EE Keeper. You can reduce the number via NearInfinity however. It's the list of spell entries in the structure 'Memorization info 16' of your character.