Skip to content

Expose weapon proficiency and styles data

wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
I'd love to be able to add new proficiencies and styles as well add to old styles.

Basically, I'd like to create ranged weapon styles and an unarmed proficiency as well as add more pips in two handed, sword and shield and one handed.
AstroBryGuyGrammarsalad

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    wolpak said:

I'd love to be able to add new proficiencies and styles as well add to old styles.

Basically, I'd like to create ranged weapon styles and an unarmed proficiency as well as add more pips in two handed, sword and shield and one handed.

You can add more pips to the currently existing styles. The file is STYLBONU.2DA. Just add a new line for the style at 3 pips, e.g., "SWORDANDSHIELD-3".

You are limited to the styles and effects in the STYLBONU.2DA file. So, no adding new styles and no adding new abilities - like adding damage resistance to Sword & Shield style.

You'll also need to edit WEAPPROF.2DA to allow classes to go beyond the current pip limits.
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    I tried to do that and it didn't work. Can you confirm? If so I'll try again.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I added a SWORDANDSHIELD-3 line to STYLBONU.2DA in Near Infinity. To make it really obvious, I set the AC bonus to be -10. I then edited WEAPPROF.2DA to allow inquisitors to take 3 pips in SWORDANDSHIELD.

I took an old save game for a starting inquisitor (who had 2 pips in S&S style), gave him 10,000 XP and leveled him up. I was able to take a 3rd pip in S&S style.

CrevsDaakUnperson
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    I tried it with two handed and it didn't work. Maybe my syntax was wrong. Tough to troubleshoot on the ipad though.

I wonder if it will go to 5 stars.