Skip to content

Mod request: Remove reputation causing party members to leave.

MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85
Pretty much what the title says. If its rather easy to do and someone is willing to give me a quick tutorial I'm more then willing to do the work myself.

Comments

• golingarfgolingarf Member Posts: 157
    I'd second that. It's always bothered me a little that evil party members will leave because of high reputation. Even the most murderous megalomaniacal sociopaths recognize the value of being well-liked - just ask Uncle Joe Stalin.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    There's a file ("happy.2da") that controls the disposition of Good/Neutral/Evil NPC's at different reputation levels. A disposition of -300 makes the party member leave, so if you change that value you'll avoid triggering it. Here's an explanation of the file:

http://gemrb.org/iesdp/files/2da/2da_tob/happy.htm
  • MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85
    edited January 2014
    @Mitchfork I am not seeing this file anywhere in my BGEE folder. Where is it located?
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    I believe the .2da files are in the \override folder of the main Baldur's Gate directory. Could be wrong though and I'm not in a position to check immediately.
    Menthro
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Just install the Happy Party mod from the BG2 tweak pack
    Menthro
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Menthro You need to extract it with a program like Near Infinity. I've attached the edited file to this post; unzip it into your override folder.
    CrevsDaakMenthro
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    mlnevese said:

Just install the Happy Party mod from the BG2 tweak pack

Yes this "mod" is already a component of the BG2 tweak pack which is BGEE/BG2EE compatible. It's called the Happy Patch. With this mod read the Readme VERY CAREFULLY before you install in order to fully decide and know what components you want installed.

Personally I'd rather have a mod that removes the "reputation traps" that spawn hordes of Flaming Fist to attack you for no reason other than you happen to be evil.
    Menthro
  • MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85
    Thank you all for the assistance.