Skip to content

No Harper Hold Quest

I am in chapter six (BG2), and am cleaning up quests. I noted that I never got the "bandit event" that kicks off the Harper Hold quest back in chapter 2. I have tried doing all the 'sleep' and 'travel' things that are supposed to trigger the event, but I fear that I have lost the opportunity. Any suggestions?

Comments

• ZalsonZalson Member Posts: 103
    Are you romancing Jaheria?

Have you completed Xzar's quest?

The Harper Hold quest triggers whether or not you're romancing Jaheria; if you are romancing Jaheria, make sure you complete all of her other related sidequests (getting the necklace, Xzar's quest, Baron Ployer's curse) before going to an outdoor area and sleeping.

If you're not romancing her, it starts rather comically: right after you've completed Xzar's quest, Meronia shows up. Or at least, that's what happens for me.

• joliekillerjoliekiller Member Posts: 37
    I've read this thread and cant find the anwser to my prob. I didnt get the 'intervention" to start this quest as i usually do. I happen to have dont the curse part of jaheira. i'm not romancing her (as far as i know)

But i cant find xzar or what do i need to do to continue this...
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Did you drop off the sick/poisoned man you randomly encounter between maps to the House in the docks district?

Did you talk to Xzar after leaving the establishment?

Did you return to the House after completing the quest the agent gave to you?

Did you return Monty?

Did you rest OUTSIDE with Jaheria in the party? (Outside being in the Umar Hills, Outside the D'Arnise Keep, etc)

Failure to do any of these can result in the quest not triggering. (Such as killing Xzar outright or refusing to help tje man). Also Jaheria needs to be in the party.
    edited September 2015
    thats the point. i never had the moment where you pick the sick one up. I've done already almost every other major quest. Can this "event" be bugged?

and yes jaheira has been in my party from the start. rested everywhere. I even had the boyor event already (cused jaheira). I think i'll try kicking her and reenter maybe started romancing whitout knowing :)
    You might have blown past it. If you dont talk to the guy who looks like a corpse on the ground it doesnt trigger. It is one of the first random encounters that happen (if not the first). I dont know if it can be triggered now.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Or you killed him with an area spell or some confused party members/foes did him in.
    thx, i figuered as mutch because it took so long :) well will have to restart a game and i'll see :)
    You're almost done!

Dont restart! Just save it for your next playthrough.
    wasnt planning on doing it immideatly :)