Skip to content

Multiclass saving throws

Hello i am playing a cleric mage multi class in bgee, i play with only me and imoen in the party. I found progression charts for the classes and it seems that i am using the cleric thac0 table and cleric hit dice, but my saving throws don't match either the mage or the cleric?? Can someone explain how this works i'd be grateful.

Also imoen is stuck on level 10 i don't know why.

Thank you.

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    You should use the best Thac0. Your hit dice should be an average, basically you get a d8 or d4 depending on which class levels up, divided by two.
    Your saves should be the best of the two available. Its been a while since I looked at the tables, but it is possible to draw one from cleric, and a different save from mage. Its always whichever is best.

There is an experience cap in BG. At a 161K you will stop gaining experience. When you move on to BG2 the cap is much higher.
    Heindrichelminster
  • pristipristi Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for answering! If i understand this correctly i have for example lvl 6/6 cleric mage with cleric save vs death 4 and mage save vs death 8, i get 4. Cleric vs spell 10 and mage vs spell 5 i get 5?
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    Yeah that's exactly right (although both of your examples look a little optimistic!). And I don't recall if your various bonuses are included in what's listed or not. So if you have the Ring of Protection (+1) it might lower all those numbers by one.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Also you get any racial or class bonus as well.
    atcDaveelminster