Skip to content

That's why i don't like magic in this game

2»

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I just learned what those gray-magic button did last week, and I am loving it. (This is true, and I've played bg for..... A long time...)
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    its a pity the new ui couldn't make more use of the space to allow for more quickspell slots
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    the only solution is automatic, alphabetical hotkeys to memorized spells, not universal, custom hotkeys for spells-as-such
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    The only solution?!

I would prefer much more a system where I can custom-tailor my list of spells, and put them in an auto-queue that runs at the click of a button (as long as one has the spell memorized). And I would like to have the ability to create many different versions, as I see fit (much like custom AI, but for spells).

Of course, having a UI addition like NWN2's Quickspell menu would be neat as well.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    yeah!?
    the only comprehensive hotkey-based solution
    your macro idea would be mostly useless outside of timestop, how would you time the spells?
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    ?
    Easy - first one entered, first one cast. Next! Makes kind of sense, right?
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited February 2014
    EDIT: oops, misunderstood topic. My bad :(

One thing I wish is that you could cast directly from your spellbook. Then at least you can open the book, click the level and then the spell. It would save a bit of time anyway. And it used to drive me crazy that you could not get spell definitions from the action bar.