Skip to content

Paid voices and portraits (iPad) - don't transfer to BG2

This is really frustrating. I'm on iPad and I bought the official portrait pack and the voices, really wanted to support the game, you know? Just transferred my char to bg2ee only to discover to play I need to changer the portrait (black square) and the voice (not in the list)... Basically, I can move my stats but I have to create a brand new character.

As much as I want to support you guys, this needs to be solved because you've sold me character creation packs (which were a little pricey for what they were) and basically decided my character is BG1 only at this time.

Although I disagreed with it, I repurchased all the new chars from bgee... In the end it's okay because I like what you guys are doing, but if I can't even play my own created characters in BG2 I've wasted my time and money. Yes I can use another voice and another portrait, but then I have a different character.

Please make your first dlc compatable with the second. I'm not saying make them free for everyone, but if we import a finished char with your paid voices or portraits, they need to carry over on import.

Thanks for listening, I'm hoping you'll fix this for your fans...

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Dee What do you know about this?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's been noted elsewhere on numerous occasions, and the answer is: we're looking into solutions. Adding new portraits and sound sets to the game's resources adds data, which requires some consideration due to the App Store's limits on app size. But we are looking at it, yes.