Skip to content

Am I Imagining Things Or...

BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
Just a quick question for the knowledgeable sages of this forum.

I could have sworn that in the original flavor BGII that you could equip dual-wielding weapon combos in your quick slot, allowing you to switch between a single main hand weapon and dual-wielding without having to access your inventory screen and manually unequipping your off-hand weapon. Right now I'm playing through BGEE and this would be very handy at low levels, but I'm at a loss to figure out how to do and I'm beginning to wonder if I imagined this ability.

So, am I hallucinating or was this actually a thing? If it was actually a thing, is it still a thing? If it's still a thing, how do I do it?

-Blue
Post edited by BlueSorceress on

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    That was in Icewind Dale, unfortunately not BG :(
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I came thinking that this thread was about Neera's BG2:EE quests' NPCs and Neera herself, Her mind is even foggier than usual, could they stop now?
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    @mlnevese, @Skaffen - Thank you.

I knew it was too specific a thing to be imagining - I was just thinking about the wrong game.

I think I'm going to pop over to the feature request forum and add this particular item to the "please add" pile.

@CrevsDaak - Sometimes I wish I was imagining things about Neera. When she accidentally summons demons, for example. Usually I'm pretty glad I'm not - like when she's dropping a cow on Firkraag, or when she's turning Jan into a lady.
    @BlueSorceress well, Silke is difficult enough for a level one party, but Neera thought that gating a Demon, creating gems, targeting herself too and casting the spell twice was a good deal...
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    edited February 2014
    Neera thinks of a lot of things are a good idea, @CrevsDaak, but she's not very often correct. Thankfully, when she's right she is *right.*
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited February 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

@BlueSorceress well, Silke is difficult enough for a level one party, but Neera thought that gating a Demon, creating gems, targeting herself too and casting the spell twice was a good deal...

Weird, I found Silke to be very mediocre with both my Cleric/Conjurer Half-Elf and my Inquisitor Half-Orc, but then again, me picking up Viconia and Baeloth (in the latter case) early probably helped a lot.
    edited February 2014
    @Loub Silke never gave me trouble... without SCS... then the things get really nasty... that time I had SCS (I've removed it to finish my fighter solo run but I'll install it again) so, well...
    Last time I've killed her with a lvl1 PC, F/M/T, she couldn't even cast a spell.
    But with SCS, a level one party with a F/T, everyone injured, and Neera gating a Nabassau!! I mean, then it gets difficult.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Heindrich you must be level 5 to get Baeloth.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited February 2014
    @mlnevese
    I was, on the Orc Paladin, specifically, since I had imported him from the Black Pits.
  • This was a great feature of Icewind Dale :D how any of my characters carried all of those weapons however I'll never know xD
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @TethorilofLathander magic is how they carried all those weapons :)