Skip to content

Has anyone finished ToB on ipad? - running into a gamebreaking bug

Hi,
@CrevsDaak and me have encountered a gamebreaking bug in Yaga Shura's lair and are wondering if anyone has actually gotten past that point?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29967/ipad-gamebreaking-force-field-in-yaga-sura-s-lair-not-dropping-in-spite-of-quest-xp-being-awarded

Crossposting to get some more eyeballs on the topic, @Gate70 doesn't have an ipad to reproduce.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Illydth has an iPad, but I don't know if he has the game.

I've "got past" that part by Mind Flayer form and INT drain on Yaga-Shura. Right now I'm going to kill Abazigal...
    @meagloth in which chapter did you are?
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited February 2014
    3:41AM
    I did it yesterday. Some areas of the stairs say there is a force field but if you hit the edge of the map and the cursor appears, the characters move to the edge and travel to the next area to collect the hearts. Just click around until you find a spot that is accepted. It is anoying but not game breaking (at least on my ipad).

Hope it helps
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I'm actually only jut got into spellhold. I've been distracted by the black Pits and did a lot of questing in chapter 2&3.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    @MacHurto Wow, great, just tried it, after some 15 clicks or so I found a spot that lets me pass. But I would never have looked for it since the message that forcefield is still there is pretty clear.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Yeah I had that problem as well, just have to hit the sweet spot.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I had it too, but i could find the right spot after a couple of tries. (I didn't even realize it was a problem until now, i didn't know i found a spot, i thought i just got close to the barrier and it vanished)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited February 2014
    EDIT: Never mind, I see a saved game uploaded in the linked thread.

I can verify and open a bug if not there already. I'm going to CLOSE this thread as I'd like to consolidate the discussion to the bug report thread. I will leave this here for the visibility however.

If you've hit this thread and want to know more about it, please follow the link in the OP.

Issue 7517 Created for this.
    Post edited by Illydth on
This discussion has been closed.