Skip to content

Any NWN2 Loremasters want to give me build advice?

2»

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

Wait, why do you need Monkey Grip to "finesse a rapier." Monkey Grip just lets you use two-handed weapons one-handed. Rapiers are already one-handed weapons and work with Weapon Finesse.

Halfling
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @Archaos, what you say has some merit in a PW, however in the OC sneaking is just a waste of time.

EWS is not bugged, it correctly adds the damage it is supposed to, be that as a +2 stacked with the existing feats or a flat +6 whilst replacing the previous feats. It doesn't really matter. There is a Falchion Epic Weapon Focus bug where you can acquire the feat without eight Fighter levels but that's unrelated.

You only need a single Rogue level and Able Learner to pick up all the rogue skills you'll need, two levels are good for Evasion and further down the line Expose Weakness.

Making Undead Bane weapons is good, but that damage doesn't multiply in a Sneak Attack, so kinda contradicting the rogue route. If you make Undead Bane weapons you will want the AB and base damage modifiers to deal that damage in the first place.

Rogues are great, just not so great in the undead heavy single player campaign. Epic Precision is a partial help but 50% damage on a character not dual wielding isn't really that effective.

@Schneidend, it's to do with character size. A halfing is small whereas a rapier is medium thus requiring Monkey Grip to use in a single hand (there is a slight exploit to be had here if built correctly with a short sword instead of rapier but I won't mention that).
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455

Wait, why do you need Monkey Grip to "finesse a rapier." Monkey Grip just lets you use two-handed weapons one-handed. Rapiers are already one-handed weapons and work with Weapon Finesse.

He's a halfling.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited February 2014
    You can quite easily add the expansions to the mac version.

http://bbellina.blogspot.ru/2011/11/getting-nwn2-expansions-working-on-mac.html

In your case, the optimal way would probably be R4/F4/D5/WM7. Given the huge amount of undead in the OC, you'll have a really hard time with a low-strength character wielding a piercing weapon.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Loving the debate here! Lots of food for thought. Thanks to all for weighing in!
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Ah, see, I missed that he was a halfling. My bad.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited February 2014
    @decado

Still, you lose a ton of skill points if you don't go with Rogue.
    HiPS is always useful to reposition yourself in battle, escape when you're in trouble or go help another PC.

In SoZ for example, I defeated the Herald with my HiPS Rogue because the other 5 members were killed.
    Though I had a team of 6 Drow, playing on Very Difficult and with Tony K's AI mod.

And yeah, that's what I meant bugged. It replaces the other Specialization feats instead of adding to them.

Sneak Attack with Epic Precision also help against enemies with damage reduction.

And it's going Fighter instead of Rogue is a matter of preference in the OC, anyway. I think that the OC has already many warrior types and only one Rogue.

Fighter is best combined with Weapon Master for maximum melee damage, while Duelist fits better with Rogue and Swashbuckler in my opinion.

To elaborate, a finesse warrior won't be doing much melee damage since it's neither STR-based and no Power Attack, unless they add Sneak Attack damage which makes up the difference.

In the end, it's up to the OP. More HP and better attack bonus vs more skill points and extra Sneak Attack damage.