Skip to content

Diseased question

Hi all, one if my characters got diseased, I cured them but their strength was reduced to 5
How do I get their strength back up again?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    Out of curiousity what creature caused the disease? (just helps fix the problem if there is a bug)

In any case you'll probably have to use EEKeeper if Cure Disease isn't working. I've tried looking this up internally and its possible there is still a bug in the game that only removes the diseased image in your portrait without removing some of the adverse effects.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Is try sleeping, it usually sorts things out.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @elminster Both of the only 2 'diseases' in BG1 (ghast nausea and wraith spider strength drain) cannot be cured by cure disease. This is because their effects (penalizing thac0 and lowering strength) are not recognized by the engine as a disease. Only the diseased portrait icon is removed by the disease curing spells. Both of these effects wear off after a certain period of time. Waiting them out is the only way I know of to get rid of these conditions.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Tresset said:

@elminster Both of the only 2 'diseases' in BG1 (ghast nausea and wraith spider strength drain) cannot be cured by cure disease. This is because their effects (penalizing thac0 and lowering strength) are not recognized by the engine as a disease. Only the diseased portrait icon is removed by the disease curing spells. Both of these effects wear off after a certain period of time. Waiting them out is the only way I know of to get rid of these conditions.

Yea I saw your post internally when I wrote my statement 2 months ago.