Skip to content

What Pen and Paper weapons would you like to see in BG?

2»

Comments

• MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    edited February 2014
    My brother and I, being (or having been, in my case) both DMs, like to design weapons and items in general for our campains. One weapon I created was based on the Gunstock war club:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunstock_War_Club, of course inspired by Chingachgook's weapon in the Last of the Mohicans.
    In my rendition, the weapon had a slashing end, a piercing end and a blunt end, making it the only triple weapon on Faerun (the user could decide with which end to strike), and hence very useful to fight particular enemies with resistances to certain weapons. It was designated as an exotic weapon because in my universe this was brandished by few powerful Devils who fought in the Blood War. One of these particular weapons (Sheliak, by name) would scream of pleasure each time it hit a demon.
    Post edited by Moradin on
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    "Unarmed" weapons like spiked gauntlets, knuckle dusters, etc.

Greataxes.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Paper Masters should be a class. :D

*insert obvious Read or Die reference here*

Ahem. On-topic:

Rapiers! I love me my rapiers! Every time I make a bard, I always envision her with a rapier, and a piece of my heart is saddened when she must resort to longswords. It's just not the same...

Scythes sound like an awesome concept, though I'm unsure who would use them. Perhaps shadowdancers, or evil clerics? Or assassins, if only for the flava!

I also really like sickles, and glaives, which are kinda like a spear, but with a curved blade, so slashing damage instead of piercing. I guess you could argue that it's like a halberd, but...meh.

Also, I definitely second the two-handed axe idea. I mean... Come on, who doesn't want to swing an axe as big as your body around? Or at least something like a poleaxe... ;)
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Spiked chains. they're such a cruel weapon.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited February 2014
    I think even more than wanting new weapons, I'd like to get rid of some existing restrictions (Best new portrait is female monk with quarterstaff. Monk can't use quarterstaff. Booinyoureyes is sad)
    Post edited by booinyoureyes on

I think even more than wanting new weapons, I'd like to get rid of some racial restrictions (Best new portrait is female monk with quarterstaff. Monk can't use quarterstaff. Booinyoureyes is sad)

The problem there is that the monk avatar has no animations for quarterstaves. It'd be a pain to implement.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

I think even more than wanting new weapons, I'd like to get rid of some racial restrictions (Best new portrait is female monk with quarterstaff. Monk can't use quarterstaff. Booinyoureyes is sad)

The problem there is that the monk avatar has no animations for quarterstaves. It'd be a pain to implement.
    Then make them a Broken One monk of Ilmater!
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'm partial to the rat-flail:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=110

Then make them a Broken One monk of Ilmater!

*slides a pair of knuckdusters onto each hand.* I'll make YOU a broken one.