Skip to content

Force field not dropping on Abazigal's lair

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
edited February 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Same workaround too, touch at the border and you should move.
@Illydth @Skaffen both of you might want to take a look.image
SkaffenPibaro

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Thanks! On a business trip tonight so finally some time for playing my ipad run - will probably get there, good to know!
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I had the same issue, and I could proceed (but I can't remember how).
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Pibaro by touching the edge of the screen, I've done that because I've remembered that it could be exploited in the computer version :P so you could enter without killing the green dragon and without finding the Geas Removal scroll.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    In my next playthrough I'll try :)
    CrevsDaak
    @Gate70 iPad only, it seems that it is a varable or so.
    @Gate70 lets save Illydth some time :)
    Here it is!
    If you use CRTL+4 I guess that you're gonna see the little space without the Force Field.
    Gate70Pibaro
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I'm BACK! :) I'll put this on my hot list to test as soon as I can find time.
    CrevsDaak
  • hearn34266hearn34266 Member Posts: 7
    Hello, using the iPad version, I'm also getting this issue. If it helps I just killed the dragon, without using the scroll (gotta love for vorpal hits).

I can touch the side of the screen at just the right spot and get the little wheel icon like the party should be able to continue, but they just move to the spot and stand there.
    @hearn34266‌ I suggest tapping again when they are there, as I haven't tested with a party it might work different.
    Nope tapping again didn't work... They always crowd the spot, and you end up tapping a party member...

So frustrating!
    Still stuck here... Can we add this as a new issue? For me it's a game-ending bug, I can't complete the quest, so I can't get to the last level. This is getting so frustrating I'm getting to the point where I kind of want a refund or something...
    Not sure how to extract a game file from iPad, but here are some pics. Note the dead dragon and the ward stone in my inv. I can find the spot that should let me pass, but like I said my party just walks there and the screen never switches.
    @Gate70 I get the correct message when I want to exit Abazigal's inner sanctum, but had the other messages on my combat log.

@hearn34266‌ use iFunbox to browse your iPad's files, go to the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Library/save, extract the 00000000 folder with the saved game name you gave to the save from this point, zip/rar it and upload it using the Attach a file option under the comment box, @Gate70 can probably fix it for you (I don't have my computer right now).
    here's the file
    That worked, seems like a logic error to me, I think the devs would consider it a bug.

Thanks for the help.