Skip to content

Most beautiful place in the Forgotten Realms?

Please state why you chose your choice :D

I don't know toooo much about FR lore but I really do love Kuldahar, though I'm sure there's tonnes of places MUCH more beautiful than that :)

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    For me, it will always be the shores of Lac Dinneshere on a cold (duh) day. Just don't go for a swim!
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I really like the new Wild Mage camp from BG2 and the woods that lead to it. Absolutely stunning artwork/setting.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CatoblepasCatoblepas Member Posts: 96
    The Bay of Dancing Dolphins in Dambrath is supposed to be quite the sight. Drow Cities are portrayed to be rather impressive feats of architecture, artistry, and magic, and I imagine the floating Netherese cities must have been simply breathtaking.

It seems that some of the more beautiful places in the realms are also the most dangerous. Staring up with your mouth hanging open at a exquisitely carved and faerie fire decorated Drow stalactite residence sounds like a good way to get shanked and robbed, Dambrath is likewise a unhealthy place to hang out, and as for the Netherese flying cities...well what goes up, must come down-thanks Karsus.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    Umar Hills, it's one of my favorite areas, a very small town, I like much more the country, it might be dangerous but let's say that CHARNAME already killed all the evil in the zone :D
    Candlekeep could be a second favorite, I enjoy reading a lot and it's a small citadel full of wise people, why not love it too?
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Candlekeep I can't say anyplace really compares to home. You think of it as just a place until its gone and then all the little things you remember become things of beauty again. The endless library seemed so normal, and yet I never see anything like it anywhere else. its odd how, when raised near something unique and wonderful, you never notice how amazing it can be....Wait wait dammit. Hold on a sec. My mind is still in character. I'll have to get back to you when I'm no longer a bhaalspawn paladin pretending to be an evil drow to get a silver dragon's eggs back. Wait fuck Haer'Dalis just spoke up. One sec, preparing for epic love triangleness.
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 209
    If only one could enter the library in the beginning - how about some little quests, and the possible loot from the bookshelves?

The Druid Grove in SoA is neat. The Umar Hills is very dark... Sahuagin City, so far, has the most impressive architecture.
  • Viconia_DeVirViconia_DeVir Member Posts: 80
    I may be biased in the matter, but I would name the Underdark. @Catoblepas speaks the truth of it – those lingering in admiration often find themselves made victim, but a clever and careful traveller might find a moment or two to appreciate the beauty surrounding them alongside the tomb-like silence and stale air. Though I’ve little praise left in me for the Spider Queen and those below, I find myself looking back with ever more fondness at my homeland as time passes.

The cold majesties of the Underdark are difficult to describe, even for one raised among their splendour. One might find stalactites larger than their body, hanging overhead and worn into perfect smoothness by the centuries-old caress of steadily streaming water. A curved, stooping tunnel might deposit a traveller at the edge of a vast mushroom field, their pale phosphorescence stretching away into the distance. The cautious traveller might even find themselves at the shore of the great obsidian Glimmersea, the surface a perfect jet mirror except when stirred by the ribbons of water cascading down from far overhead. Some know it as the Sea of Fallen Stars, named for the glittering light of the thousandfold luminescent rocks in the cavernous ceiling that stretches an eternity above.

Perhaps it is a place, above all, of wonders often hidden to the eye. Those without the sensitive vision of the Drow would not be able to spy the gently-undulating currents of heat that snake across the stone in large chambers, creeping ever upwards in their fiery, passionate dance.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,748
    Well, you do already know my answer, don't you?

I find Kara-Tur the most beautiful place in the Forgotten Realms. I think that it is something like this:

And those who will dare to say Kara-Tur is not the best, consider the following;)

How I wish at least to have a look at http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Oriental_Adventures_(3rd_edition)
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I find the elven cities a bit cold and eerie, well-made to be sure, but maybe not beautiful. Maybe some parts of Icewind dale such as Easthaven can be considered the most beautiful for me. Or a peaceful halfling village maybe? These places seem more earthly and real.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Waterdeep?

Maybe Silverymoon?

Some others might come to mind.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    In the Realms, nothings says home like the warmth of the great Kuldahar oak amidst the frigid winds of the Spine of the World. :)
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    Winthrop's favorite place in the rRelms will always be an elven arse! ;)