Skip to content

Leaving the read-only mode ;)

HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
A warm greeting to the entire Baldur's Gate community!

It's about time I finally made an account here. My name is Hurricane, and some of you may already know me from other places such as Spellhold Studios or Gibberlings3, where I occasionally contribute to some of the mods hosted there. I've been quietly reading along here since the beginning of these forums. Now I decided to sign up.

I fell in love with the Baldur's Gate series when it first came out and have been playing it ever since. Because of Baldur's Gate, I also became a passionate fan of Bioware and Black Isle in general, playing Fallout 2, Neverwinter Nights, and a little bit of Planescape: Torment as well. Then, at one point, I discovered the Baldurdash Fixes, which served as an introduction for me to the world of mods for the Infinity Engine games. Later, when Overhaul picked up the Baldur's Gate series and announced that they would continue to work on the games and on the engine, this was a dream come true for a veteran player like me. Today, I am a happy owner of the Enhanced Editions, with almost all of my expectations fulfilled. :)

Now I want to continue my journey with the Baldur's Gate games in these forums as well. I'd like to thank Beamdog/Overhaul for taking up the torch and modernizing these wonderful games. Their work is invaluable and has also revitalized the Baldur's Gate community. I'm looking forward to hearing new voices in the discussions about our favorite games, though I already know some of you around here (shout-out to @jastey, @Ascension64, @CamDawg and others :)). Finally, I want to thank the excellent team of moderators, particularly @Dee. I doesn't happen often that I read a forum and actually notice how caring, patient, and friendly the moderators are. Keep up the good work! :)