Skip to content

Crazy Guards

Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 379
At some point well before my earliest save my reputation dropped below 5 and all the guards in Nashkel turned hostile. Now I'm trying to redeem the Nashkel Mines quest and I keep running into this same group. Before I would just charm them with the Cloak of 'Whats-his-face' but now they keep making their saves. If I kill them, the quest giver turns hostile and a never-ending stream of bounty hunters begin appearing. I can't say I'm too happy right now. I'm not sure what to do in this situation as I can't even get to the temple to fix my reputation.

Comments

• SuiboonSuiboon Member Posts: 86
    Kill 'em all.
  • PaheejPaheej Member Posts: 126
    Suiboon said:

Kill 'em all.

I'm with Suiboon bro . . .

FIGHT IT OUT!

Alternatively you could edit your rep in your save game to stop that happening. But that's almost cheating. And Bhaalspawn don't cheat, they win, by killing.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 379
    Um... I can't finish the game if I kill EVERYONE.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Are the guards supposed to be hostile? I thought a bunch of Flaming Fist were just supposed to show up when your rep gets that low.
  • gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124

If you kill enough people you get to skip the rest of the plot and ascend straight to Bhaaldom! Lol.
    gfm50 said:

If you kill enough people you get to skip the rest of the plot and ascend straight to Bhaaldom! Lol.
    Methinks somebody should make a mod like this for a non-standard game over.
    Now I want to create a super-powerful character and kill everything in the game.

EVERYTHING.

Shadowkeeper and BGTuTu, I choose you!
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292

Cloak of 'Whats-his-face'

Algernon... though I'm most disappointed to realise I've ben spelling his name wrong as Algeron which was where treaty was signed forbidding the Federation from using\developing cloaking technology.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @Dragonfolk2000

Could you go to the temple outside Beregost and up your reputation by making a donation there?

@Dragonfolk2000

Could you go to the temple outside Beregost and up your reputation by making a donation there?

Ah, good idea. The remote temple has no guards, as far as I'm aware. Go, @Dragonfolk2000, and bribe your way to fortune!
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    You could activate the cheat keys through the console and then just kill them all with Ctrl+Y. This doesn't count as you having killed them, so you gain no experience, no reputation loss and no one becomes hostile.

I believe the command is: CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    the love i can afford thee will allow me no less. THOU ART A VILLIAN!!!
    I actually managed to time it so that I could pass by without aggroing the guards (who patrol) and managed to finish out the quest. I snuck my way to the edge of the map before realizing I forgot to turn in the ring quest.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Also, if you have Viconia with you, kicking her (temporary) from your party will raise your rep by 2 and it might help. Once you're done collecting quests, get her back into your group and keep going with the same reputation as before.