Skip to content

#7594 [CORE, REQUEST] - Unconscious Wishing

SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
edited March 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Observed behaviour: Charname sorcerer was knocked out with a comet spell after casting wish but before the genie appeared and the wish was made. He also had the stun icon, probably a power word stun in an SCS timestop barrage... Nevertheless he could negotiate and complete the wishing. Might even go after killing as long as it's not charname.

Expected behaviour: stun, unconsciousness, confusion etc. should stop the wishing script. Bonus points if confusion results in a random wish and unconsciousness in resting ("I can see that you're tired, have it your way then...").
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Skaffen, you mentioned SCS—do you have that installed?
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited March 2014
    Yes, but I don't think it has anything to do with the wishing behaviour. I assume casting the wish spell triggers a script that gates in the genie which then goes on with the dialogue etc. which just runs even if the character is incapacitated by then. This takes quite some time, Gromnir actually started targeting the genie and landed 2-3 blows on him before the actual dialogue triggered.
    I would say the easiest method of dealing with this is simply by adding a State() check to see if character is sleeping, dead, or otherwise disposed, as well as adding a Class() check to make sure that the Djinn is talking to a 'Spellweaver.' LastSummonerOf doesn't appear to work correctly if the original caster dies, for example, and will default to the next available [PC]. I'll get this reported.
    Logged as #7594. Request/bug.