Skip to content

The exploits of Teyl, the Evil Strifeleader/Thief (no-reload, initially solo) Spoiler alert!

Comments

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Grynne died? Must have missed that. Sorry to hear
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @MacHurto, yep... Davaeorn Battle Horrors :/
    Is that from the MOD? I dont recall those battle horrors
    MacHurto said:

Is that from the MOD? I dont recall those battle horrors

With Grynne I had a mod component installed called pnp battle horrors, making them really strong and see through invisibility and sanctuary. Grynne & co slew one of them, but then she got stupefied by Davaeorn's Stinking Cloud, and the remaining Battle Horror killed her.

The Battle Horrors are always there I think, even in vanilla (unless it has to do with triggering a trap, not sure)
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    In vanilla they only appear if you step on one of the traps. Although I think your mod has affected them, since in one of the images, they were behind Davaeorn. In vanilla you can lure them out without ever seeing him, so they must spawn ahead of him.
    edited March 2014
    Ok, that explains it. Coran hided and disarmed them in my run
    edited March 2014
    I've been busy these days, busy killing people, more than I actually care for. After establishing myself as a Guild member I took some time to barter with Halbazzer Drin, the owner of a store that offers potions, spells, and a couple of enchanted items. There wasn't much for me to buy, so I mainly sold a lot of loot and got some stuff identified. I did buy all his potions of invisibility, speed, explosions as well as his oils of fiery burning. Those firebombs had proven their worth before, quite a couple of times. In the store I met a man who warned me of a group of Red Wizards of Thay, involved in a number of rituals east of the Larswood. He told me they looked affluent and he was sure they had all kinds of valuable possessions for adventuring folk like me. I wasn't that interested as I'd already made a lot of money selling gear, gems etc. Besides there was little in terms of gear that I found myself in need of. (Perhaps an item that would improve my thieving skills could come in handy, but such an item was unlikely to be found on those wizards.)
    In the northern part of the city I met a mage called Ramazith, who asked me to retrieve a nymph for him who was captured by another mage, Ragefast. He promised a magical trinket he was sure would be of great use to me, so I accepted. When I entered Ragefast's home, I asked him to hand over his nymph, to prevent bloodshed, so I could give her over to Ramazith. My mentioning of that name enraged the wizard, and at lightning speed he activated a string of magical defenses: Shield, Mirror Image, Improved Invisibilty, Globe of Invulnerability, Stoneskin, Protection from Magical Weapons and possibly Vocalize. A number of huge rather bizarre devices allowed my to hide before the mage would start casting any of his offensive spells. Invisible and, thanks to my cloak, undetectable, I waited for some of the mage's protections to wear off, and then I summoned two skeletons to my aid, to attack Ragefast and to provoke the mage to waste some of his spells on them. I observed the scene from a distance, ever hidden, until Ragefast cast a devastating Sunfire which harmed not only the skeletons, but also the nymph, and most of all myself.

I retreated behind one of the devices and healed myself with spells and potions. Ragefast somehow noticed me, so I ran toward the door. Before stepping outside I saw that the nymph had gone hostile on me, even though it was Ragefast who had hurt her with his powerful Sunfire, not I. Ragefast followed me outside in his yard where I forced him into a ranged combat as my trusty Frost Dart, with its cold damage always coming through his magical protections, prevented Ragefast from spellcasting. He retalliated with his Melf's Minute Meteors he'd probably conjured up during his confrontation with my skeletons. Some of those hit me, but once my dart had consumed his protections, I started to deal decent damage. He then triggered an Invisibility spell on himself, and started attacking me with his staff. As he constantly missed, he remained invisible and I had no way of dispelling that effect. What I did, was to run away from him, hide, move to the other side of the yard and plant a trap. I would then be visible again, provoke him to attack me, and lure him toward the trap. It took me two lightning bolt traps to bring him down.

[spoiler]
    [spoiler]

e Eltan about what had transpired at the Iron Throne Headquarters.
    edited March 2014
    Inside I slew the still hostile nymph with a single backstab. I cut off a lock of her hair, and took it to Ramazith to prove to him that what I was going to tell him, was true. Ramazith was by no means amused. He wanted to attack me but he stood no chance against my Frost dart which I had poisoned.

I checked out his home (a tower) for any valuables, but found nothing consequential, so I left. I cloaked myself against the evening cold and decided to take a stroll toward the Fist headquarters, and pay Scar a visit.

On my way I spoke with a child. She asked me to help her get her cat back. I would have to take the cat's toy ring from her uncle Bheren's home, right in front of us. I said to myself, why not, so I entered the premises hidden in shadows, and I found the ring upstairs. On my way out I saw Bheren with what looked like an enchanted cloak in his hands. I tried to snatch it from him, but unfortunately I failed. Bheren attacked me, and in self-defense I slew him. (The cloak I took with me.) This most undesirable turn of events may well have consequences for me in the future. I couldn't set myself to murdering the child, so I gave her the ring, and left town right away. With little else to do I decided to go and check out the Thayvian Wizrads I'd been told about in the Sorcerous Sundries. There were four of them, and when I greeted them they inmmediately turned hostile. Traps and firebombs helped me kill the lot. To their credit I must admit having used two charges of my Greenstone Amulet, as they tried to take me on with mind controlling magic.

Their possessions weren't as interesting as I'd hoped, mostly mage robes and spells I have no use for. I travelled to Thalantyr to get some loot identified, and most likely sell it after that. Interestingly Bheren's cloak that had gotten me into possible trouble was a Cloak of Protection +1. Thalantyr offered to combine that cloask with my Cloak of Non-Detection into one single cloak for a few thousand gold and two Invisibility scrolls I had to buy from him. I must say I am most pleased with the result.

I lazily travelled back to Baldur's Gate and inquired with my fellow guild members if anything was known about the recent murder in one the homes in northern Baldur's Gate, and if any suspects had been identified. To my relief this wasn't the case. I reported with Scar and did a number of tasks for him. I investigated, or to be more specific: cleared out, the Seven Suns as he'd asked me before. The place had been taken over by shapeshifters who had taken the shapes of the original personnel. I also slew an Ogre Mage and his pet carrion crawlers in the sewers, all for the sake of my repute with the Flaming Fist.

Guess who I ran into, in the sewers? Jenkal, from Gullykin. I poisoned him, but again he eluded me before I could finish him off. I wonder if our paths will cross again.

The Ogre Mage fell to my traps.

Scar was content with my work, and after a meeting with Duke Eltan, I was another task: to visit the Iron Throne and investigate whether any suspicious activities were going on. I was planning on doing that anyway, given the apparent ties between them and the attempts on my life. Scar had been most disturbed by my tidings of the goings-on at the Seven Suns. At the Iron Throne Headquarters it turned out his fears weren't groundless. One of their staff told me that he'd seen people go upstairs and later descend with another, slightly different face. This reeked of more shapeshifters. An emissary from Sembia asked me the way to the fifth floor where she was supposed to negotiate a contract with Iron Throne superiors. I urged her to wait, but she wouldn't. When I reached the fifth floor myself, hidden in shadows, I encountered the Sembian emissary and a group of armed and armoured ruffians, not an ensemble that was likely to negotiate a trade agreement. In one of the rooms lay the body of the very same emissary. There was no doubt: more shapeshifters... I descended to the fourth floor placed traps in front of the two stairways and one in the middle of the room. Then I summoned three skeletons and protected them and myself from Evil. Cloaked in shadows I went back upstairs and backstabbed one the ruffians straight to Nine Hells. The others, both warriors and spellcasters alike, would fall soon after to my traps, skeletons or backstabs.

I shall attend to some business and speak to Duke Eltan about what had transpired at the Iron Throne Headquarters.
    It seems now you've got a good strategy going, and the skills\items to make it happen. Nice work.
    edited March 2014
    I told Eltan of the murder of the Sembian Emissary at the hands Iron Throne representatives, of her replacement by a shapshifter, and of correspondence suggesting the Iron Throne leaders' stay in Candlekeep. The Duke gave me a tome with which I would be allowed entrance to Candlekeep.
    I travelled there forthwith, not really out of eagerness to return, but rather to get this Iron Throne business over with. Upon arrival I met Imoen and also Xzar and Montaron with whom I'd spent a day or two after Gorion's death. We had no time to speak though because I was ambushed by five(!) well-buffed Ogre Mages. (With well-buffed I mean: Mirror Image, Improved Invisibility, Haste, Spirit Armor, Protection from Evil, Protection from Normal Missiles, the works...) They mentioned a 10,000 gold bounty on my head! I rushed toward the Keeper, handed him the book, and entered Candlekeep without looking back.
    Inside the library, I saw various familiar faces, most of them good-humoured, glad to see me, yet at the same time uneasy with the presence of a man named Koveras. The name sounded vaguely familiar, but when I met him shortly after I didnt recognize his face. He seemed to know me though, and Gorion. He even gave me a ring he said once belonged to Gorion. It was only a moment later that I realized that Koveras is 'Sarevok' spelt backwards. I think I'm more visually than aurally oriented. Sarevok is one of the Iron Throne leaders according to letters I found on Davaeorn's corpse in the Cloakwood Mines. Anyway, "Koveras" was gone when I went looking for him, but upstairs I encountered four of his associates in a backroom: two fighters, a rogue and a mage. How is is that these businessmen always turn out to be brigands rather than older, greying and slightly overweight men? It was not an amicable encounter. I told them I knew who they were, and that I would end their games there and then. The wizard, their spokesman, commanded his men to charge in. The first thing I did was to throw a potion of explosions their way, to soften them up a little.

I retreated to the main hall and cloaked myself in shadows. I saw both fighters as well as the mage coming my way, but they couldn't see me. The rogue was nowhere to be seen. I supposed his strategies were similar to mine. With a well-placed backstab I brought one the fighters to the point of dying. I finished him off with a second backstab.

With the rogue still invisible I had two more foes on whom to concentrate. The wizard had cast all manner of magical protections upon himself, making it difficult for me to take him on. Instead I focused on the second fighter who, like the first, required more than a single backstab. I noticed that it had become increasingly difficult for me to find corners in which to hide myself, as the serving monks had gone hostile on me, probably because of the potion of explosions, and were watching me. When I managed to hide again, I slowly approached the already injured fighter and from an angle where the mage wouldn't see me, I flamestruck him to death.

This left the wizard (and somewhere his roguish associate), and me. His multitude of protections included Spell Deflection, Protection from Magical Weapons, Stone Skin, and Spell Shield. I was well aware that any attempt at hurting him would be fruitless and would provoke a possiby deady answer from my foe. I distanced myself from him and summoned four skeletons to see how they'd fare against him and maybe have them strip some of the wizard's Stoneskins. The first two I sent in were efficiently dispatched with a Death Spell.

I sent in a second one, which prompted the rogue to appear as he tried to backstab my summon without much success. I rushed toward him and struck him down with a single backstab, roughly at the same time the mage finished off my skeleton.

Since my weapons still couldn't hurt the mage, I commanded my last skeleton to distract and occupy the mage. I had found a corner where none of the hostile monks were near. There I planted two lightning bolt traps. I then lured the mage, who had by that time dispatched my last skeleton, toward my traps. And there he met his end.

I collected some handsome-looking loot from my foes' bodies, but I havent't been able to identify all of it. It had been a tiresome fight. I'm aware that I'll have to train myself better in detecting illusions, so that my foes may not elude me, like the rogue did, but a few days ago Ragefast as well, and Jenkal, in the Baldur's Gate sewers. I'd also like to be able to dispel magic protections, but at this point I've got no idea how.

I proceeded to the sixth floor to speak to Tethoril about what had happened, but before I got there, the Gatewarden took me in for the murder of the Iron Throne leaders. There was little I could do to deny that cIaim what with all the monks who had witnessed the events that had just transpired. I decided not to resist, and to plead self-defense. While I was in my cell first Ulraunt and later Tethoril paid me a visit. The former surprisingly accused me of much more than just the murder of Iron Throne leaders, the latter however set me free. He teleported me to a secret library below Candlekeep. That's where I am now. I've never been here before, but I'm sure there must be some way out of here.
    Elrandir said:

It seems now you've got a good strategy going, and the skills\items to make it happen. Nice work.

Thanks! Yep, poison, darts, backstabs and the occasional skellies are doing the job, and should work for the remainder of BG1 and part of SoA. At one point I'll have to diversify my tactics though. Am already having some difficulty with these superprotected mages without me having any means to dispel their protections. Later there'll be more and more backstab-immune foes as well.

edited March 2014
    I'm at Thalantyr's right now. My escape from below Candlekeep was a somewhat rough one, though I came out unscathed. First I made my way through the heavily catacombs. Two potions of perception helped me disarm the traps and thus guaranteed me safe passage. I found a number of magical items, including a Wand of Monster Summoning, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, and a Tome of Understanding. The latter has been the third of its kind I've come across. This third tome seems to have further strengthened my connection with my Lord Cyric, allowing me more spells to memorize and cast each day. I'm confused though. In a letter Gorion left me, he claims I'm the child of the dead God Bhaal, who was slain by the Dread Lord I serve. Assuming this is true, I wonder if it will have any ramificantions for my bond with Cyric. Ideally it won't. We share the same essence of death, murder, assassination. Cyric took it from Bhaal with the sword Godsbane, and I was given that essence through Bhaal's divine blood.
    I've had little time to ponder over this revelation. The catacombs housed a lot shapeshifters who'd been taking the shapes of the people from Candlekeep, even Gorion. They would have surely attacked if I hadn't taken care to pass by unnoticed. Adjacent to the catacombs was a cavernous area where I scouted four brigands (two casters and two fighters) who seemed to be waiting for someone. They had two Lesser Air Elementals with them. Before speaking to them I flamestruck one the two Elementals from a safe distance. This caused both Elementals to attack me, but although they were sturdier than I thought, and one them even had a Whirlwind Attack, I had little difficulty taking them on with hit and fade tactics. After that I scouted the area a bit further, and cleansed of its many arachnids.
    When I spoke to the four men, they weren't happy to see me, and didn't hesitate to attack me. The presence of two spellcasters caused me to activate my Greenstone Amulet, just to be safe. I was soon proven right when a Chaos was cast my way. I had little difficulty with their warriors. Both fell to my poisonous backstabs. The spellcasters were of a different stature. Both had the typical protections (Shield, Mirror Image, Stoneskin, Minor Globe of Invulnerability). The first was a stealthy type, who combined Invisibility magic and/or potions with destructive magic such as Chromatic Orb, Magic Missiles, Lightning Bolts and Sunfire. As he was difficult to hit, I had to use a skeleton and firebombs to harm him. I even used my Dread Blast [kit ability: once per day from level 7, fires a ray of negative energy that deals 4d8 damage +1/level (max +20) and confuses target for 1 round (save vs. spell at -2 to negate confusion)]. It was only when his Stoneskin had worn off, that I managed to kill him with my Frost dart.

The second spellcaster, a Fighter/Mage, was no less aggressive. He was competent with an enchanted axe he used for both melee and ranged attacks and had little difficulty with my two skeletons. With an oil of speed, two lightning bolt traps, and hit and fade tactics I managed to gradually rid him of his Stoneskins wih my dart and after that prevent him from spellcasting while dealing limited damage each hit until he died.

I'm now a wanted man, not just in the eyes of a few bounty hunters out for gold, but in the eyes of society, the and the Flaming Fist, especially in Baldur's Gate. I need to get back though, to try and find any incriminating evidenc against Sarevok, so I can expose him and restore my reputation.
    edited March 2014
    Back in Baldur's Gate I kept as low a profile as possible, and tried to go about the gathering of evidence against Sarevok as efficiently as possible. My sources at the Shadow Thieves Guild, a friend of the Flaming Fist (who are otherwise out for my blood), and a Kara-Turan priestess told me the following. Scar was murdered, Duke Eltan was being poisoned by a crook healer, a close friend or possible lover of Sarevok was to be found at the Iron Throne base (along with possible evidence), and that two assassins were planning to to kill Grand Duchess Jannath and Grand Duke Belt. The assassins were to be found in the Undercellars that can be reached from the Blushing Mermaid Inn.
    I infiltrated the Flaming Fist Headquarters to see Duke Eltan. He was indeed being poisoned, by a Greater Doppelganger no less. I slew the "healer" and took Duke Eltan at his request to the harbourmaster in the Docks Quarter. I then entered the Iron Throne headquarters hidden in shadows, where I found Sarevok's associate or lover, a mage called Cythandria. She had two huge golems by her side. I dealt with those first, running and hiding and carrying out surprise attacks. The amount of damage these creatures could inflict was too much for me to consider facing them in melee combat. When I had disposed of the golems, it was time to take on the mage. Luckily my time with the golems had caused some of her protections to wear off, so that I could quite easily finish her off with a backstab and my poisoned Frost dart. On her body I found Sarevok's diary with a revealing description of his plans, and the crimes therewith, to become the new Grand Duke of Baldur's Gate. I then went to pay a visit to the Undercellars where I was greeted by the two assassins hired by Sarevok to murder the Grand Dukes. They were a couple. She was a mage and he a rogue, and apparently he recognized me. He went invisible right after he said he was going to end my existence. She had an impressive arsenal of spells, both offensive and defensive (at different moments she would cast Stoneskin, Mirror Image, Globe of Invulnerability, Protection from Magical Weapons, Spell Turning and even an Improved Mantle). So I was up against an invisible, backstabbing Fighter/Thief and an improved invisible excessively protected mage. I could trace the mage's movements due to her shimmering magical protections. I retreated to the entrance to set a lightning bolt trap. I barely finished setting the trap when the mage came teleporting in. She tripped the trap and suffered some minor damage.

I sneaked my way to one of the other ends of the Undercellars, where a double casting of Animate Dead yielded four skeletons.

From a safe distance I saw how the first two were eliminated by the mage's Death Spell and Incendiary Cloud respectively. The latter spell killed at least three innocents as well (a nobleman and two courtsenans).

I waited for the infernal cloud to subside, and sent in a third skeleton. It didn't last long, but it did provoke her to cast a Web, which proved to be fatal mistake. She got held various times, allowing me too blithely approach her and eat away as many Mirror Images and Stoneskins as possible. When her protections were gone, I simply kept launching my dart at her. She retalliated with what seemed to be Melf's Minute Meteors, but my attacks were the more damaging, and so she fell.

I summoned one more skeleton, and sent him together with my remaining skeleton toward the centre of the hall. There the rogue became visible as he killed off one of my skeletons. I tried out a dagger I'd found before on one the Iron Throne leaders I'd dealt with back in Candlekeep.

[This +3 dagger is vastly overpowered. The 30 seconds unconsciousness (no save) is pretty much synonymous with death. It also imposes a -4 save vs. death penalty to prevent poison damage. I'm not sure what mod it's from. I think I won't use it anymore. I'll keep it to see if it indeed turns to dust as the decription says.]

My poisoned Frost dart, continuously inflicting new doses of poison meant the end of the rogue.

On his body I found an invitation to the inauguration of the New Grand Duke as well as a letter by Sarevok revealing that shapeshifters will be present to strike at that event, which will take place tonight. That's where I'll be heading, to present to the Grand Dukes all the evidence needed to expose Sarevok and restore my name.

I'm fully aware that Teyl's run might well end with the upcoming confrontation with Sarevok and the shapeshifters. My strategy will probably be to cast Animate Dead, protect my skeletons and myself from evil, haste myself with a Oil of Speed, use Potions of Invisibility for backstabs and my 'Divine Wrath' Bhaalpower for 4d8 AoE damage to all nearby enemies and pushing them away from the Bhaalspawn. I'm not sure if can set a trap as well. Would be very welcome.

Nice work. That dagger is definitely overpowered, but if it fades to dust then that's a bit better.
    Thanks @Elrandir! Yep, the dagger took away much of my satisfaction in besting Slythe, even though I would have killed him anyway.
    I'm very concerned about the fight against the hasted, mirror imaged greater doppelgangers. I can't see how Teyl can slay them quickly enough to prevent them from killing the Grand Dukes :/
    I'm not sure what to tell you. It's not helpful that the dukes try to fight back. If they ran, then you could make a barrier with your skeletons. As it is, though, I'm not sure. Does the dialogue trigger if you're stealthed? You might be able to sneak attack the dopplegangers? It doesn't seem logical, but I don't know. Perhaps set ally friendly traps and then let the dialogue play?
    Elrandir said:

I'm not sure what to tell you. It's not helpful that the dukes try to fight back. If they ran, then you could make a barrier with your skeletons. As it is, though, I'm not sure. Does the dialogue trigger if you're stealthed? You might be able to sneak attack the dopplegangers? It doesn't seem logical, but I don't know. Perhaps set ally friendly traps and then let the dialogue play?

I think that if I sneak the doppelgangers (while they still look like noble folk), I get a rep. hit and the guards get hostile.
    Not sure about when the dialogue triggers. If it doesn't I'll make sure to plant one or two traps in the back where Sarevok and the Dukes can't see me.
    I'll also wait until as many guards as possible are near the Dukes.

Another option (but a bit metagamey IMO) would be to buy the expensive Mod-added 'Boots of the Pub' with which I can teleport to Feldepost's Inn, then recruit people in Beregost (Tiax , Kagain, even Garrick), and teleport back to an inn in Baldur's Gate city. That way I won't have lost any time. Metagamey as I said, but still better than travelling a few days to different locations... having the Dukes wait with their party till I'm ready.
    Metagamey indeed, but I can easily see the roleplay behind it. After all, you don't have one or two assassins when killing Grand Dukes in public. You would want more allies for it. At least as backup. Teyl could easily justify the logic behind recruiting assistance.
    edited March 2014
    With the assassins' invitation to the inauguration I was allowed into the Duchal Palace. I sneaked into the main hall, where I counted five noblemen who who had to be the doppelgangers in the service of Sarevok as mentioned in his letter to the assassins. Sarevok himself was standing next to the Grand Dukes. In the back of the hall I set three lightning bolt traps that would hopefully get triggered by the doppelgangers once they'd start chasing me and the Grand Dukes.

My next step was to Animate Dead thrice. My first two casts only brought forth one skeleton each, but fortunately my third and last cast summoned two more skeletons.

I protected myself and my summons from Evil, so as to make us more resilient in battle, and I proceeded to buff myself further, borrowing from Cyric's divine might, with casts of Holy Power and Draw Upon Holy Might. I also quaffed an Oil of Speed allowing me to move myself at lightning speed (I was already wearing Speed boots) and to manoeuver my dagger faster than I normally can.

When I spotted two guards near the Dukes I walked that way too, with my skeletons by my side, so as to form a buffer for the Dukes against the shapeshifters should they want to attack while I was in the process of exposing Sarevok. I didn't get the chance for that though: before I could do or say anything the five noblemen shifted into five Greater Doppelgangers that started to attack the Dukes. To my satisfaction I heard my traps activate and injure some o the doppelgangers or at least consume some of their Mirror Images. The Doppelgangers hand mind altering magic, but I had shielded myself against that.
    I split my skeletons in two pairs to take on two different foes. I joined one pair and I soon noticed how my superior speed, strength and prowess with my weapon made me deal some serious damage. It must be said that the Flaming Fist guards (mainly as decoys), Grand Duke Belt, and my skeletons did their part as well. When I'd just slain my first foe, I saw only two remaining doppelgangers. Belt had taken down one with a critical hit (for 32 damage), and one of my other pair of skeletons had killed off another doppelganger. So there were only two doppelgangers left. Three of my skeletons were still standing, and both Grand Dukes as well.

With a critical strike I slew my second doppelganger of the evening.

Unfortuantely, the last remaining Doppelganger then struck down the Grand Duchess, just before I could slay it.

Grand Duke Belt was most grateful for my timely intervention though he didn't offer me any reward. I told him about Sarevok's schemes, even showed him the evidence. An infuriated Sarevok then started to attack everything and everyone that would come near to him, until one of his associates, a mage, teleported him away. I told the Duke that I'd check out the rooms upstairs, for his safety. In reality I was more interested in any magical trinkets. (On one of my ventures with my colleagues of the Guild I'd managed to break into the Silvershield Estate where I would find a Manual of Gainful Exercise.) Alas, the Duchal Palace harboured no such treasure.
    Belt used his divination skills to identify the whereabouts of Sarevok. Apparently Sarevok had passed through the Guild, which suprised me becuase I would have known of any alliance between Sarevok and my friends of Shadow Thieves. Anyway Belt just said that he'll teleport me toward Sarevok, so that's where I'm heading.
    Nice! Well done indeed! Now just two more big fights and you're done! Hopefully I didn't jinx anything.
    Thank you, yes I decided to simply try it. I'm quite confident, though not overly so. Will see if I can finish this in an hour or so. :)
    I wish I could stay up to see the results! Too bad I've got jury duty in the morning. *sighs* Yay for being an American...
    Lol, hope it won't be a boring trial, good night!
    Hopefully I won't have to do it. Tomorrow I just find out if they want me or not. =p Regardless, good night and good luck!
    Ah ok, that would be even better.
    Thanks, talk later!
    Well done!
    edited March 2014
    At the Thieves Guild I went down a stairway I hand't used before, which led to a maze with lots of traps, various slimes and jellies, and four undead who fell to my backstabs. At the end of the maze I encountered the mage who had teleported Sarevok away from the Duchal Palace. He was injured, and had been left by Sarevok to die, it seemed. He told me that Sarevok's sanctum was to be found a short walk from there. He recommended me to take on Sarevok, lest he would attack me on his terms.

On my way to Sarevok's sanctum I scouted a party of six, mercenaries most likely, or some of Sarevok's remaining associates perhaps (two priests, a mage, and three fighters). I retreated, summoned five skeletons, placed three traps, and drank an oil of speed, just in case things would get messy. I then walked up to them, and their spokesman asked me whether I had any association with Sarevok. I told them that was none of their business, but they though otherwise and proceeded to attack.
    The traps hurt three or four of them, but killed none. My backstabs did however. With my extreme velocity and the semidarkness hiding and striking from the shadows was easy. I didn't even need my undead summons.

The mage fell to my poison.

The others I simply stabbed to death.

[I only did this fight because I hoped to find the Manual of Quickness of Action on one of them. If Teyl survives the fight with Sarevok, I'll have him look for the Manual before reporting to Belt, who'll send him to Amn.]

Before the entrance of Sarevok's retreat I met with Tamoko, the woman who had given me instructions to stop Sarevok. This time she wasn't so helpful. While I didn't want to fight her, she insisted and paid for it with her life. [This must have to do with my reputation, which was 9 at that moment.]

[Am currently in the Sarevok fight, but saving now and going to sleep. Angelo and Semaj turn invisible all the time, slowing this fight down, a lot...]
    MacHurto said:

Well done!

Thank you! BG1 almost done...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2014
    Wow, waiting for the final showdown! Finish strong, Teyl!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Wasn't the manual of quickness action in a barrel in the Thieves' Guild, behind Black Lily...? I never played BGT so I can't say if it has been changed.