Skip to content

Elves vs Dwarves

124»

Comments

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @Immagikman

Txeroki said:

I have to decant to elves (and dark elves)

Decant? You bottle them up and have them fermented?
    I assumed it was a rather charming, non-english interpretation of the word.
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    Pointy ears FTW !
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    @Moomintroll
    Yeah I was just trying to be funny, I wouldn't seriously rag on someone for that kind of thing. ;) hence the use of a smilie
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    If I had a paper bag, my head would be in it.
  • BhodarBhodar Member Posts: 21
    I play any game which has dwarves in it for I am Bhodar Battlehammer (and I'm carrying this name longer than the freaking book that came out to support the new NWN-game).

In TES they're extinct, so that's the game where I will always create a Wood-Elf cuz they're my other favourite.

But really, dwarves do it for me when it comes to playing a game :D
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    Okay, for fun: throw Gnomes into this poll and see what happens.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    I will always have a fondness for dwarves, as my first PnP character is still my favorite (and he was quite the stereotypical dwarf).
    Not that there is anything wrong with elves, dwarves just have a special place in my axe...I mean tankard...I mean beard...er...heart!
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Silence

Unfortunately WoW taught me Gnomes are for punting
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Bhodar said:

I play any game which has dwarves in it for I am Bhodar Battlehammer (and I'm carrying this name longer than the freaking book that came out to support the new NWN-game).

Bhodar or battlehammer? Or combined cause clan battlehammer have been around since 1987(9?) at least
  • Callofthebeast34Callofthebeast34 Member Posts: 16
    In my honest opinion elves why? Elves are awesome. They make great rangers have pointy ears (who wouldn't want to have pointy ears right??) as for dwarfs I always thought of them as silly short drunkish people who you could easily just toss around :p but then again I always just preferred elves in any rpg.
    edited August 2012
    Jolanthus said:

Bhodar said:

Bhodar or battlehammer? Or combined cause clan battlehammer have been around since 1987(9?) at least
    Just did a search on just Battlehammer and the very first reference I could find was for a book by Salvatore for the Icewind Dale game, so still not sure where you got the 1987-1989 from.

Would be fun to know though

And for this one...
    Silence said:

Okay, for fun: throw Gnomes into this poll and see what happens.

GNOMES ARE BLOODY EVIL, end of discussion

• JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Bhodar said:

Jolanthus said:

Bhodar said:

Just did a search on just Battlehammer and the very first reference I could find was for a book by Salvatore for the Icewind Dale game, so still not sure where you got the 1987-1989 from.

Would be fun to know though

Icewind dale games and book trilogy are completely different set in the same part of the world but timeline wise are years apart. first book in that series was released in 1988. The game came out in 2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icewind_Dale_Trilogy
    k, point taken, still I didn't know about the books when I chose the name :D Only dwarves and paladins :D
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    I freaking love dwarves.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    It´s a really close call for me. I love both races, but there are traits I like and I dislike from both. Not enough to help me decide between one or the other, though. There should be an option to vote them both as equally good :P .
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    It also depends on what class you want to play :)
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    I like both, but I prefer the elf and the elf's multiclass options, especially the fighter/mage (the classic elf) and the fighter/mage/thief (my personal favorite).
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2012
    It's neck and neck! If only female dwarves would shave their beards - that'll surely get the swing states.

What is with the female dwarf beard thing anyway.
  • Tom23Tom23 Member Posts: 6
    Elfs they are just sexy and mighty
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Kamigoroshi Half Dwarves were known as Muls.
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    No one should dare to be suprised elves 'won', they are generally more popular, but that dwarves are so close is truly amazing.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I find elves and dwarves fascinating, but if I had to be one or the other, I'd pick elves. They're graceful, attractive (well, for the most part), and are renowned for their skill in magic.

Plus, they apparently have superior hygiene. Remember how Winthrop always talks about the Candlekeep Inn being cleaner than an "elven arse?"