Skip to content

[DUPE 7145] More Rashaads Quest Bugs

justsomeguyjustsomeguy Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Not An Issue
I'm playing the ipad version so I can't use the console to cheat. (I also can't save in the shadow plane, so I can't use eekeeper.)

Lots of people have had problems with the final Algoroth battle. Mine seems to be different:

I enter the shadow plane. I fight a few shadows. I go over to Algoroth and there's a dialog. Then there's a fight, and I kill the dragon. Then when the PC picks up the wheel, there's another dialog. (Notably, if any of the npc's pick up the wheel, the dialog never triggers, which is another bug.) So I keep fighting. Sometimes (not all the time) Rashaad eventually says to go open the portal. I sent a character to do that, and that goes fine. I then send him back to the party so we can go through the portal from a distance (like the other bug complainers were told to do).

Never works. I'm told some blue shadow is supposed to show up and fight Algoroth, or there's supposed to be more discussion, but it never triggers. I've tried clicking on the portal close to it. I've tried clicking from far away. I've tried waiting until all the red shadows were dead (they come back slowly after a while). I've sent a character all over the map picking up shadow bits and trying to find anything to click on or touch or grab or open.

Nothing. The furthest I can get is fighting Algoroth and one shadow forever with the portal open.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• justsomeguyjustsomeguy Member Posts: 7
    Oh - and very often picking up the Wheel doesn't trigger dialog. It looks like if I use the quick-loot bar, or the inventory screen, or have anyone other than the PC pick up the Wheel, then the dialog from Algoroth doesn't trigger.

Help!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited March 2014
    @Troodon80 0.o dupe In less than 24 HOURS the other dupe was moved/reported... record time. Do you consider now adding a dupe category (originally reported here)? Well, on other topic... if you can upload a saved game before entering this Shadow Plane so I can replicate this (and spoil this quest for myself because I've chosen to play the EE with an evil party, duh) issue and fix your save.
    You should use iFunbox to browse your iPad's applications, go to the directory Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Library/save zip/rar the saved game (it's a folder named 00000000 and then the name you gave to this saved game) and upload it to the forums with the 'Attach a File' option under the comment box.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    CrevsDaak said:

Do you consider now adding a dupe category?

It's not up to me, but I do not think such a thing is being considered at this time.

I'll leave this topic here so you can deal with it (I don't have an iPad) and get clarification/confirmation on a saved game. Also tagging @Illydth‌. If it is actually a dupe (the previous topics were about the audible and visual affect from the shadows), let me know and we'll move it.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @justsomeguy‌, @CrevsDaak‌, @Troodon80‌: This is likely a duplicate, but more likely Wheel of Obliteration Doesn't Work - 7147, not the one linked above. It's also potentially 7145 as identified in the linked thread.

Given the number of bugs we have surrounding this particular point in the game, I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as a "Dupe" of 7145. While it may NOT be, given the amount of bugs being fixed surrounding this particular issue, I'd say we should probably hold off on opening new ones for this...it's more than likely already fixed.
    CrevsDaak