Skip to content

[DUPE] - Game crashes after selecting party member's character inventory or record

Leviathan07Leviathan07 Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Not An Issue
I am playing through BP2, and after loading my last save I have found that my game crashes every time I select my fourth party member (Blade) then select either his character inventory or record.

I did use custom portraits for all my characters, and I found that after awhile all of the portraits except for my main character's (Inquisitor) reverted to one of the default fighter portraits that normally comes with the game: http://imgur.com/8DrPTYR. Also, all of the NPCs strangely appear to have this portrait as well whenever I initiate dialogue.

I attached my crash report and relevant save file that crashes if anyone can help me out.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Leviathan07, it's the offhand weapon. You're using a broken sword (MISC56) in your shield slot. Please find attached save, the broken items are now on the ground. You will need to re-equip the character affected by this issue.

#6232, the drow items turning to dust, deals with this. Moving to Not An Issue as a duplicate.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited March 2014
    I am not sure what caused the portrait problem. All portraits apart from the first two are set to MAN2S.BMP.

Are you using any mods? If you are not using any mods (aside from obviously using custom portraits), can you create a new thread to deal with that as a separate issue?
  • Leviathan07Leviathan07 Member Posts: 9
    @Troodon80, thanks for your help in getting this swiftly resolved. Interesting that the crash can also occur from apparently expired weapons created from using Enchanted Weapon spell.

I'll open a separate thread for the portraits. Thanks again for your help!