Skip to content

Huge problem with Trademeet

Minno15Minno15 Member Posts: 5
Hey guys!
I am having an issue with trademeet in the ipad version. Everytime I go into the place I see no people, i can't open doors and can't open any boxes. Its like a ghost town. Have tried going out and going back in again several times but same result. It used to work fine but now is no good!
Can somebody please help me!
Thanks

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Tagging @CrevsDaak‌ for iPad information.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited March 2014
    I had no issue in trademeet with my iPad.
    Maybe the game crashed right after you save the game and then you reloaded that savegame?
    In that case your savegame is broken.
    If you have an earlier savegame, try loading that one, and see if everything works.
  • Minno15Minno15 Member Posts: 5
    Yeah little issue there Pibaro, I have since completed 4 chapters since that error occurred and can't go back to a save before that. Is there anything else that can be done?
    It's the infamous memory leak bug, wich was fixed by the latest patch.
    Unfortunately I have no idea if you can restore the area involved if you had that issue before patching the game (of course, if you still haven't patched the game you definitely have to).
    Maybe @Troodon80‌ can help here.
    @Minno15,

I can fix it, or at least restore it to default. I'll need saved game from you in order to do that, however.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Minno15 could you please upload a saved game? Use iFunbox to browse your iPad from your computer and go to the Baldur's Gate II Enhaced Edition/Library/save directory, zip/rar the one that has this issue (saves are composed by the entire 0000000 folder). Upload it with the attach a file option under the comment box.
    Thanks @Troodon80 and @CrevsDaak here it is. Good luck, hope you can fix it!
    @Minno15,

Trademeet has been fixed, or at least as much as I can do right now. The repair might not be perfect, so if you encounter any issues then do please let me know so I can resolve them for you. Attached is the fixed save game. :-)
    Thanks a lot Troodon80! Will try it out now!
    Seems to be working just fine! Didn't think it could be fixed this easily! Thanks a lot!
    Never understimate the power of this forum!!!
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Minno15 said:

Seems to be working just fine! Didn't think it could be fixed this easily! Thanks a lot!

Easy for you - you don't know how much effort Troodon80 put into it ;)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Skaffen said:

Minno15 said:

Easy for you - you don't know how much effort Troodon80 put into it ;)
    Exited the area, deleted it from the .SAV with NI, entered to it again, voila!
    Basically something like deleting the cache folder in the old bg?
    edited March 2014
    @CrevsDaak‌, unfortunately, that would likely cause more confusion since Jenia (the Trademeet portion of the Skin Dancer quest) would spawn upon entering, asking you to help Tiris (again), meaning that the quest would be incompletable this time. The animals are also attacking. The statues are not by the fountain by default, but the triggers can still be activated. Rasaad is also there. There's a host of other stuff that relies on area locals. The idea is to get the area into a state similar to how the player remembers it; not repeating and breaking quests, etc.

It's an easy enough process, but it requires some digging. It's time consuming more than anything. It took about an hour just to repair that issue.

I made a copy of the corrupt area, then copied the default area over to the uncompressed saved game folder (that's the same as deleting it). I then copied the local variables for that area from the corrupt area (so that people like Jenia wouldn't spawn when entering the area). This is the point where I needed to do some digging: I had to make a script that spawns the statues, petrifies them, makes them unselectable, moves them to their appropriate places by the fountain, and enables the triggers when clicking on them. After that, testing it to make sure it worked.

Placing the statues is what took the most time. Their action is spread across two scripts. My first assumption was that they would spawn via the area script. That wasn't it, so I looked at the Logan's dialogue. Not there, either, but there was mention of a cutscene. The required script was the one that moves the player character and party to a different room and announces that they are heroes of Trademeet. That's the cutscene where a copy of the party is created and moved. It's not the one that turns the copies into statues, however, that's the open Trandemeet area—AR2000. That is easy enough to do manually.

On the other hand, Neeber escaped my attention. :D

Anyway, since this issue has been resolved and is also a duplicate, I'll move it to Not An Issue. If this is a different issue to the previous quick-saving corruption and anyone knows how to replicate it, then please send me a private message.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on