Skip to content

HLA GONE

I started ToB and I just realized my HLA have disappeared, like all my party members have lost them. is this a bug or is it meant to be?

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Ruscoe, do you have the 'Final' saved game from Shadows of Amn, can compress that into Zip format and attach it to your next post?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Are you running any mods?
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    @Troodon80‌ sure, but I don't feel like starting from the beginning, will this help me get all my HLA at the stage I'm at now? thanks for helping!
    @Ruscoe, I just tried going from your final save right through the Hell Challenges and on to Throne of Bhaal. I didn't lose any of the Innate abilities.

Couple questions:
    1. In addition to what elminster asked above, have you edited your saved game in any way?
    2. Did you use the innate abilities prior to the point where you are now and, if so, which ones (I need to try and replicate it, if possible, so it is the little details that matter here)?
    3. When did you first notice that the innate abilities were missing?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2014
    Your save looks fine to me. I have access to all the HLA's you should have. Maybe keep your save but try a re-install?
    @Troodon80 I first noticed it some hours in to the game, therefore not far from where I am now. here I'll upload you my current stage. I used ekeeper once to change a weapon proficency on hexxat, maybe thats why? Is there no way of readding these abilities?
    @Troodon80‌ yup it is because I used EEkeeper, apparently the spells I lost could not be found in the database. What do you think I should do? is it still possible to add these on to my current game?
    @Ruscoe, the main reason for the abilities not being found is because the game directory was not set up; for example, using BG:EE when trying to load a BG2:EE game. That would explain why they're missing, though. If you are using Keeper, then you should just be able to re-add them without any trouble if the installation directory is set up correctly.

Attached is a fixed save game. :-)
    @Troodon80‌ yeah I came to realize that in the end, cheers! only problem I have now is that eekeeper is telling me that my characters have maxed out their memorization for their level, even tho I have endless slots on the memorization bit. eeagh i hate it when shit doesnt work
    @Troodon80 still thanks for helping me out! hey would it be too much to ask if you could also through blood drain and children of the night in to hexxat's abilities? I just realized I also lost them back in SoA because of my wrong directory EEkeeper. Thanks a lot!
    edited March 2014
    @Ruscoe, no problem. Attached is the same as the previous one, but with Blood Drain and Children of the Night. Also, in Keeper, if you go to Settings → Spells... you can set the limits or disable them entirely.
    AWESOME!