Skip to content

What is with the one-hit kill illusionary werewolves?

Playing BGII on an iPad here after years of playing on the desktop. My joy was suddenly breached as I am instantly killed by Kalah's werewolves (which are illusionary and should only hurt if you attack them). This is supposed to be your first low-level quest where you pick up Aerie early because she takes so long to level. Instead, they just tap you lightly and you are dead if you don't get a hit in first, making this harder than Kangaxx.

Is this a new thing they thought would add some challenge? Or is this an example of really bad pre-release game beta-testing? This is horrible.

Comments

• karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    It's an iPad specific bug. It's due to be fixed whenever the next patch happens, but that's been in the pipeline for a few months now so who knows when it will see the light of day.

There are some suggestions in this thread about how to get past the problem : http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29183/7463-ipad-core-getting-insta-killed-in-circus-tent/p1

To be fair there aren't any other similar problems with the iPad, it's just rather unfortunate that this one happens so early on in the game. The only other serious issue I'm aware of on the iPad is that it can be hard to get out of Sendai'r lair late on in ToB - the area you need to click on is very small.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    It is an iPad bug, likely solved in the next patch. Got killed on my no reload game by it :-D

I allowed a reload (as it is a bug) went invisible until the top floor and killed Kalah. I think you can also dispel them with see invisibility but didnt have the spell ready
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Thief skill detect illusions work too. If you have the pc version, get the correct illusio.itm (this is the illusionary werevolves weapon and is bugged in Ipad) file into portraits folder of your Ipad BG2:EE (via Ifunbox, method detailed in Ipad forum) and it should fix the issue.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    MacHurto said:

It is an iPad bug, likely solved in the next patch. Got killed on my no reload game by it :-D

I allowed a reload (as it is a bug) went invisible until the top floor and killed Kalah. I think you can also dispel them with see invisibility but didnt have the spell ready

Dispel magic will do it, too. I like to kite all of them over to me, and fire one off. Same with Kalah's buddies in his chamber.