Skip to content

Game Keeps Crashing after about 20~30 min...

I'm attaching a rar file of the dump files it created.

My friend and I beat BG:EE together and are trying to play through with the characters from that... It doesn't seem to matter what save file we load or what characters we're playing though. After about 30 minutes the game just closes. No error message or anything.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Tagging @Dee.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What's the version number for the game when you open the Options menu? What platform are you on?
  • gildedgilded Member Posts: 4
    version 1.2.2030
    I'm on a PC running through Steam.
  • gildedgilded Member Posts: 4
    No idea?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    gilded said:

version 1.2.2030
    I'm on a PC running through Steam.

Wasn't latest release version 1.2.0000 or I am missing something @Dee?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @CrevsDaak, you're thinking of BG:EE.

(Hint: Look below the comment box, at the category, next to the Preview button.)

:-)

@gilded, some questions:
    1. Are you using any mods or made any edits to your character (e.g. using Shadow Keeper/EE Keeper)?
    2. If this is a multiplayer game you are playing, does your friend have any mods installed or made any edits as above?
    3. Regardless of the characters you are using, does the crash happen in a particular place?
    4. Does the crash occur once you reach a certain point; for example, after a certain chapter in the game?
    5. Does it occur on area transitions?
    6. Does the crash occur when trying to access the Inventory or Character Record?
    7. If you start a new single player game and leave it for ~30 minutes, doing nothing, does it have the same effect?
    8. If you start a new multiplayer game and both you and your friend leave the game running without doing anything for ~30 minutes, does the crash still occur?
    Failing all that, can you upload a saved game for examination? Similar to the crash dumps you uploaded, located in the /crash/ folder, if you look in the /save/ (single player) or /mpsave/ (multi-player) you can Zip up one of the folders (e.g. 000000009-MySaveGame) and attach it to your post.