Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Giving Monks the ability to backstab?

ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
Is this hardcoded? or is it possible? I'm working with Nearinfinity. Any help or tips would be appreciated

RAM021

Comments

• DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited April 2014
    There is a Mod that has a component that gives everybody the ability to do a x2 backstab.
    Maybe this will help you:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/fullplate/

Little He Knows Where a Foe May Lurk

Everyone can backstab at x2, thieves/assassins/stalkers do better. Only weapons a single-class thief can use are eligible for backstab, as usual.

ghostowl
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Hmm...a back-stabbing monk. Nice idea.
    I would give him a 3x backstab, but I would limit it a bit so it does not become overpowered:
    - can backstab only in a bar (though, the multiplier goes up to 4x if the char is drunk)
    - must shout something to make it work. acceptable are "IMMA TEAR YOU A NEW ONE !" or "IM 'ONNA BITCHSLAP YOU TO NEXT PLANE OF EXISTENCE !"
    - can't really back-stab with a fist, can you? Let's call the skill "fisting".

SionIVghostowl
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,686
    edited April 2014
    Southpaw said:

Hmm...a back-stabbing monk. Nice idea.
    I would give him a 3x backstab, but I would limit it a bit so it does not become overpowered:
    - can backstab only in a bar (though, the multiplier goes up to 4x if the char is drunk)
    - must shout something to make it work. acceptable are "IMMA TEAR YOU A NEW ONE !" or "IM 'ONNA BITCHSLAP YOU TO NEXT PLANE OF EXISTENCE !"
    - can't really back-stab with a fist, can you? Let's call the skill "fisting".

Half a year from now.

"Let's be honest here, as powerful as the Kensai/Mage is, he really can't compete with a monk that has 23 strength and uses fisting."

"But a K/M with 10 APR using Kai dual wielding the Lightning Striker +17 and Chromatic Dagger +23..."

"Please get real, kid. The moment that monk kites the enemy and hits the bar, this is over. Letting him actually get a drink before he starts fisting is just overkill."

SouthpawRAM021