Skip to content

Giving Monks the ability to backstab?

ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
Is this hardcoded? or is it possible? I'm working with Nearinfinity. Any help or tips would be appreciated

Comments

• DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited April 2014
    There is a Mod that has a component that gives everybody the ability to do a x2 backstab.
    Maybe this will help you:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/fullplate/

Little He Knows Where a Foe May Lurk

Everyone can backstab at x2, thieves/assassins/stalkers do better. Only weapons a single-class thief can use are eligible for backstab, as usual.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Hmm...a back-stabbing monk. Nice idea.
    I would give him a 3x backstab, but I would limit it a bit so it does not become overpowered:
    - can backstab only in a bar (though, the multiplier goes up to 4x if the char is drunk)
    - must shout something to make it work. acceptable are "IMMA TEAR YOU A NEW ONE !" or "IM 'ONNA BITCHSLAP YOU TO NEXT PLANE OF EXISTENCE !"
    - can't really back-stab with a fist, can you? Let's call the skill "fisting".
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2014
    Southpaw said:

Hmm...a back-stabbing monk. Nice idea.
    I would give him a 3x backstab, but I would limit it a bit so it does not become overpowered:
    - can backstab only in a bar (though, the multiplier goes up to 4x if the char is drunk)
    - must shout something to make it work. acceptable are "IMMA TEAR YOU A NEW ONE !" or "IM 'ONNA BITCHSLAP YOU TO NEXT PLANE OF EXISTENCE !"
    - can't really back-stab with a fist, can you? Let's call the skill "fisting".

Half a year from now.

"Let's be honest here, as powerful as the Kensai/Mage is, he really can't compete with a monk that has 23 strength and uses fisting."

"But a K/M with 10 APR using Kai dual wielding the Lightning Striker +17 and Chromatic Dagger +23..."

"Please get real, kid. The moment that monk kites the enemy and hits the bar, this is over. Letting him actually get a drink before he starts fisting is just overkill."