Skip to content

imported character has permanent spell failure

i imported my character from the black pits 2 into bg 2 ee but he still has spell failure status on him and he is unable to use any skills such as whirlwind ect

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    It's not designed to import from BPII into SoA or ToB. You may be able to tidy it up with a character editor but my recommendation would be to load your BPII game and go to the rest area where you can cast spells, and export from there.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    My wife, who started playing BG2EE only three days ago after putting it off until Gavin was fully ready for the EE games (I don't think he is finished yet but soon), ran into this. Her character's override script was a Black Pits 2 script which was applying ohantim.spl, which applies 100% spell failure. Relatively easy to fix--removed the script and effects via NearInfinity and her cleric/ranger has been doing just fine.
  • francis369francis369 Member Posts: 29
    thanks i managed to fix it using ee keeper. and exporting from the rest area did not work
  • CladdanCladdan Member Posts: 19
    Sorry for replying months late, but this can be fixed without ee keeper simply by exporting the characters from the arena, when you enter the arena the spell failure is removed.
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    I export my characters from the Black Pits II when they're in the arena, so they have no spell failure.