Skip to content

Base THAC0 inconsistencies

wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
Although this bug is from a modded game, I am not sure if it is affecting anything in vanilla.

I applied opcode Stat: To Hit Modifier [278], which should just modify the THAC0 bonus and not base. On the journal screen, there is an inconsistency, and it looks like it is applying it to the base THAC0.

Comments

• wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    The Base THAC0 under proficiencies is 14 while in the THAC0 box it says 17. I'd assume that these should ALWAYS be the same.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Not an issue - the same thing happens with the Pale Green Ioun stone in that its bonuses modify the Character Screen's BASE THAC0 section.
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    edited April 2014
    It is an issue if you are scripting something off of Base THAC0, which I am. It apparently uses the one on the journal screen, which is the incorrect one.

Just changed it to permanent instead of permanent after death and it seemed to resolve the issue. Of course, I am not sure how that will affect the permanency of the setting.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @wolpak - "Permanent" means it lasts until you die, but the effect will be gone once the character has been raised. So, for CHARNAME, it's not really an issue. For an NPC, it could be.