Skip to content

Tob Dorn Lunia quest bug

I kill the scribe, find the ink sand thing, go to the altar, click on the ''do something'' arrows but nothing happens. what to do? please help

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Can you zip and attach a save please.
    Thanks
  • JessiahJessiah Member Posts: 3
    I have the same issue. A zip with the file is attached. We're in the pocket plane, but "returning from whence I came" will place you right in front of the scroll.

Thanks!
    edited April 2014
    @Jessiah‌
    This is issue 7313, the scroll is shown as dead in your save. Did you use area spells such as incendiary cloud or cloudkill to kill off the group nearby?

Best thing to do is load an earlier save if you have one.

@Ruscoe‌ you may have the same issue but can't confirm without a save. If you look at your save game in EE Keeper there is a global variable Sprite_is_deadScrol towards the end of the variable lists and a value of 1 means the scroll was destroyed.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Why does not the scroll have MINHP1.ITM? Or maybe it could give a warning.
    @Gate70‌
    Thanks for the timely response! I don't think I used persisting area effects like those, although I did use one-off area spells like Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting. I don't have an earlier save (including auto- and quick-... is there a way to just edit the save file directly?
    edited April 2014
    @Jessiah‌ try this, see if it helps.
    For reference, have teleported back to Lunia and applied the following console entry.
    C:CreateCreature("OHDSCROL")

@CrevsDaak‌ I believe the intention is for the scroll to be immune to such effects. From memory it doesn't have many HP and if you view the combat log carefully (not always done in group combat) there is a moment when it says "Scroll : Death" or similar.
    @Gate70‌ Thanks, it worked!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This is very silly, I attacked them with Skull Trap and it died :/ original scroll has 10 HP.
    @Gate70 I made a fix, just drop the OHDSCROL.CRE file in override and it will be immune to all the things that you could use against it, and, it will have more HP (666 HP to be precise XD).