Skip to content

Data wipe upon update

SFischSFisch Member Posts: 59
Is there a fix for this in the works? Has it been patched already? The latest update to the game seemed to wipe my saves and I don't really want to start anew unless I know that I won't wake up to it being cleared again!

Love the game, otherwise!

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I heard over on the Google+ group that there is a fix in the works for this, until then you are best off just setting the game to not auto-update (you can do this in the play store) and just backup you save game folder before applying any updates.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    There is a fix in the works. Until then, backup your saves to a computer before updating.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    I didn't loose anything during the last few updates (from a week ago to now). It seems I missed one late update during the beta test that tried to change the location of the save directory, and that was reverted just before the official release.
    If you were involved then, the saves may be somewhere in a directory called Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/ instead of Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancedition/files.
    There is no Documents directory on my tablet (but I didn't get that update), I don't know if this is a real name or a nickname for a standard directory on Android.