With the android version finally available (yay!), I am to start my latest and greatest playthrough of the saga. I am new to the enhanced editions (well met!), but not to bg in general. I have always liked the character building and planning aspect of the game for some reason, and I tend to like stretching the rules, too. I have a few ideas in my mind but I'm not sure if they work (in EE, or at all, it's been some time), so I thought it's better to ask if they work now rather than finding out knee deep in the story.
First concept: Kensai / Thief specializing in 2-handed
- does the kensai bonus applies to 2 handed swords (think it should)?
- can 2 handed swords backstab?
- is UAI still in the game, so will be able to equip Carsomir eventually?
Second: Some flavour of Cleric / Thief
- can they equip swords with UAI?
- can they backstab with blunts?
Third: Ranger / Cleric (haven't played it yet):
- can they still cast both cleric and druid spells?
Fourth: Some dual / multi class of a ranged fighter / spellcaster
I like this idea, it should be a natural fit, but I'm not sure about the class. Could be an archer/cleric but would be limited to slings (also depends on the above q). Or a thief/mage variant, preferably dualed swashbuckler. Or a plain fighter/mage of some sort. Not sure.
I'm also open to new ideas and mods (though I'm not sure if they work on droid).
Thanks in advance for any input!