Skip to content

If you had to pick.

2»

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    What are you talking about? Wilson is awesome.
  • SmodLvrSmodLvr Member Posts: 21
    I was more disheartened when Wilson bobbed away than any other movie moment I can think of. The best of friends are always the ones who don't talk.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Game:Baldur's gate series.

Movie:Godzilla movies.
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    Doom972 said:

Roller12 said:

Game: Microsoft Visual C++.

No film thanks.

I take it you will make your own games with it? With C++ alone, I think you'll be making mostly text based adventures.

One word - Procedural textures. Why pick a game if we can make a game. Time will not be a factor i guess.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Awong124 said:

Bjjorick said:

ooooh, could i trade in my movie and game for a female? i'll take my wife please. :)

You want your wife to become stranded on a deserted island? What kind of a husband are you?
    well, if i'm stranded, and i won't be rescued, and assuming i'd be able to live out my days, of course i would want my wife, as i'm sure she'd want to be there. If i'm going to die within a year due to disease/starvation (think limited food supply), typhoon, etc, then let me be alone and let her live out her days peacefully and hopefully remarry to a better man than i.

all a matter of what will happen. in truth, though, a day with my wife brings me more joy then my 30 years of gaming, so it would depend. But again, if it's got food/water/shelter, yeah, give me my wife and i'll be happy.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited August 2012
    Plus we haven't established what sort of a deserted island this is. I mean we are assuming this is like a tropical island in the middle of the pacific, and not say an uninhabited channel island between the UK and France that has human structures on it like Minquiers. The latter affords a better chance of rescue, considering there is apparently cellular reception on it.
  • CentoparCentopar Member Posts: 17
    Game needs to have replay value: so I'm going with Starcraft II. I hope a bottle with the Zerg addon washes up when it's released, but it's not essential.

Movie: totally amazed that someone else in this thread has already said Singin' in the Rain. I plan on halving coconut shells to tap along with Don and Cosmo.

I hope that whatever cargo ship the next books in the Song of Ice and Fire series are being transported in wrecks somewhere nearby in a few years' time so I can recover the flotsam. (No. Not to make a papier-mache dwelling from.)
  • SmodLvrSmodLvr Member Posts: 21
    Centopar said:

Movie: totally amazed that someone else in this thread has already said Singin' in the Rain. I plan on halving coconut shells to tap along with Don and Cosmo.

I hope that whatever cargo ship the next books in the Song of Ice and Fire series are being transported in wrecks somewhere nearby in a few years' time so I can recover the flotsam. (No. Not to make a papier-mache dwelling from.)

And oddly enough, I'm off to the library right now to try to pick up a Feast for Crows. I just finished Storm of Swords last night (it's amazing). I think A Song of Ice and Fire would be infinitely improved if Vargo Hoat and Roose Bolton had broken out a rendition of "Moses Supposes," don't you think?

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Game: Disgaea 4. Ah, Grinding, my old nemesis. Well, NOW I HAVE NOTHING BUT TIME, CHUMP!
    Movie: Centennial. Technically a mini-series, but EFF DA POLICE!
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Game: Neverwinter Nights

Movie: The Matrix
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited August 2012
    My choice of game would be between a few. As I never use mods on most games (and especially not RPGs), I would choose BG1, 2, or Final Fantasy VII.

As for the movie: The Matrix (I have a big list of favourites, so I chose this on a whim.)
  • Doom972Doom972 Member Posts: 150
    Roller12 said:

Doom972 said:

Roller12 said:

Game: Microsoft Visual C++.

No film thanks.

I take it you will make your own games with it? With C++ alone, I think you'll be making mostly text based adventures.

One word - Procedural textures. Why pick a game if we can make a game. Time will not be a factor i guess.
    I just looked it up and I have to say that you just opened my mind to countless new possibilities. Thank you.
  • happslapphappslapp Member Posts: 53
    game: super mario rpg
    movie: roadhouse
    of course both will be pretty worthless with out a dvd player....or a snes....or a tv......or power.

can i just get a boat???
  • sparrow13sparrow13 Member Posts: 30
    Game: Skyrim
    Movie: Into the Wild
  • GaaraGaara Member Posts: 26
    Game : SC or BG2
    Movie :Naked Gun (any)
    raywind said:

My pick for a movie would be Interview with a vampire.

gf is talking me into watching that , so it s that good?

this
    Bjjorick said:

book: Bible (let's face it, need a book, and i would need that one)

• raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    well the movie is really good in my oppinion but it wasnt the only movie i was going to put here but had to pick one, other movies would have been requiem for a dream, fight club and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Bjjorick said:

book: Bible (let's face it, need a book, and i would need that one)

Nice, that'd definitely be my book too. I was thinking this thread could use one music album and one book too, so nice add-on!

• raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    for a book i would go with some gook from tawny man trilogy.
    for the music part i cant really say i listen so much different kinda music but one "song" is above all else and it is System of a down - chop suey
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    Game: The Baldur's Gate Saga probably... maybe Heroes of Might and Magic 3, or Katawa Shoujo

Movie: Hmmm... this one's a bit harder... Well if it were a tv series, I'd probably pick an anime like The World God Only Knows, Urusei Yatsura, or Fairy Tail, but for just a movie? Hmm... Probably the second Urusei Yatsura movie, or the original starwars trilogy (if a series of movies is allowed) Otherwise, probably Return of the Jedi.