Skip to content

[HEXXAT] Major flaw in Dragomir's attack script

I'm not sure if this has been reported already or if it even counts as a bug.

It looks like Dragomir's attack script contains a major flaw. More specifically, he only appears to target your (visible) party members and ignores everything else (such as summoned creatures).
The fight becomes insultingly easy if your party members stay out of his sight and you send in your skeleton warriors or other summons with magical weapons. He just stands around and does nothing. The only action that somewhat delays the inevitable is when he walks around now and then.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Need a bit more information before raising if that's OK.

Do you have the conversation and then move away while he is attacking a summon and he then stops or only kills one summon.

Or are you sending summons in and force attacking him.

Or something else.
    Thanks
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    @Gate70 I have done the conversation with Dragomir the usual way and retreated out of his sight after he turned hostile, but before he actually started targeting one of my party members. Afterwards I have sent in two skeleton warriors who defeated him without any kind of resistance. No force attacks are required. Since he doesn't sense invisible creatures I could also observe the whole fight with an invisible character.

After a bit of testing it looks like he is attacking anyone within sight (including summons) only as long as he can see any party members. If the party members move out of sight or turn invisible, he stops his attacks again after a few seconds.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014
    I noticed this, but the normal BCS scripts of vanilla are so flawed that this does not feel much different from them.
    Other parts of the EE content (Neera's quest) have a very good AI (basically SCS-like).
    Also, if we are talking about flawed scripts, we can also tell Vithal that Burning-Hands isn't the best spell out there to combat Fire Elementals :)
    I think that using the NearestEnemyOf(Myself) target will solve this easily.
    I REALLY encourage OH to change this type of things.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    As I see it, the two main problems are:
    1. Dragomir's class script (OHHDRAGO.BCS) is always using See([PC]) and the like for each script block, which ignores summons and most likely familiars and gated monsters (not tested yet).
    2. Even more serious is the last block in his class script:
    IF
    !See([PC])
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    RandomWalk()
    END
    Since this block always triggers before it can execute the more generic attack actions defined in his default script (WTASIGHT.BCS), Dragomir will do nothing but idly walk around as long as no party member is within his sight.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    OK. I tried earlier, my summons only attacked him when an invisible party member could see him. If I moved out of sight they stopped, moving closer saw them start again.

I can see what is intended but maybe the [PC] bit needs to be something like [<???>>] for any thing that is aligned with the party. The PC bit might help force him to attack party members rather than summons, i.e. be intentional but not picking up exploitative behaviour :)

I'll get something logged for this tomorrow unless somebody else beats me to it.