Skip to content

GUI problems on android

qwenfysqwenfys Member Posts: 6
Hi. I'm playing the dark pits and the gui seems to randomly disappear when i load a new game or even if i go on home screen and then go back in the game. Everything disappear and i have only characters to click on. It's like when on pc you hit the shortcut to removeportraits etc... but here you don't have a keyboard to make everything back again. Can you fix it? Asus memopad 7 hd with android 4.2.2 kernel 3.4.5.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    If only one part, like the left or right bar is missing, then there should be a small button located at the lower left of right corner portion of the screen.

If the entire GUI is missing, then that is probably only recoverable if you load it up on a PC. Tagging @Dee for a potentially serious issue.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you've got the saved game, can you zip it up and attach it to a post? We've seen this issue pop up occasionally on Windows but with no reliable repro-case it wasn't something we could address. But with a saved game we might have better luck.

When you connect your device to your computer and open its files with Windows Explorer, the saves are located in: Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Files/save
  • qwenfysqwenfys Member Posts: 6
    Unfortunately i don't have the savegame anymore and it's not happening again since i didn'tmove the game on sd card. If it will happen again i'll be sure to post the savegame.
  • qwenfysqwenfys Member Posts: 6
    Btw it was the entire gui, all tnree bars
  • emainoemaino Member Posts: 2
    I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution yet? I would hate to stop playing this game near the end. I have attached my save files.
  • emainoemaino Member Posts: 2
    The file was not sent before. Here it is.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Tagging @Dee. Saved game provided.
  • stingerstinger Member Posts: 2
    I have a similar issue, but I don't see anything but a black screen. This happens if I go back to the home screen. I have tried toggling through open apps to see if it will come back. It will only eventually ask me to wait, report, or close the game. I am running it on an Asus Transformer TF300T. I have attached the save game files, and included the baldurs.ini file. Hope this helps.
  • stingerstinger Member Posts: 2
    I have found one issue. This only happens if i use the right mouse button. I click it and it goes back to home screen. If not using my mouse, then it doesnt happen. My mouse is a bluetooth mouse. Maybe this will give more insight.