Skip to content

Comments

• Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Keldorn looks so badass
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Agreed. Dat Keldorn.

Cernd does look appropriately like a hobo who abandoned his children. Or at least a wild wolfman.

Hmm... Does Cernd bother to shave in the woods of nature's embrace? Is it not his greater nature to grow wild and free? Or... Does he think it's his duty to maintain balance along his stubbled chin?
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited April 2014

Agreed. Dat Keldorn.

Cernd does look appropriately like a hobo who abandoned his children. Or at least a wild wolfman.

Hmm... Does Cernd bother to shave in the woods of nature's embrace? Is it not his greater nature to grow wild and free? Or... Does he think it's his duty to maintain balance along his stubbled chin?

Some men, such as myself, are utterly incapable of growing facial hair on most or all of their face.
    Post edited by Loub on
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Glorious. I pity the beardless and eagerly await the day when my own beard will thicken and fill in more fully. Not to say it's bad now, just not as thick and luscious as I would like.
  • SerpentearSerpentear Member Posts: 11
    I'm glad everyone likes them. Cernd is a werewolf, so it's only fitting that he have facial hair no? If anyone needs bigger size portraits I think I have them.
    JosefineS said:

Keldorn looks so badass

Right? I think that portrait is post "my-wife-was-screwing-around-on-me".
    Elrandir said:

Glorious. I pity the beardless and eagerly await the day when my own beard will thicken and fill in more fully. Not to say it's bad now, just not as thick and luscious as I would like.

I'm patchy. Sucks but what can you do?

@Serpentear‌ Hey, patchy can work. It's all about finding the right style. You've got to work with what you've got.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited April 2014
    Keldorn looks like Joe Mantegna.
    @Jenzafar‌ I feel like the only thing he might be able to grow would be a small wispy goatee. And we all know if you have a goatee then you're evil.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Elrandir said:

@Jenzafar‌ I feel like the only thing he might be able to grow would be a small wispy goatee. And we all know if you have a goatee then you're evil.

But... Keldorn Firecam himself has a goatee, and so does Sarevok (even if he becomes good) and Gordon Freeman.

The reason I can't grow a full beard comes from my Romani ("gypsy") heritage (just try finding a Romani man with a full beard - you can't) - I can grow sideburns, a goatee and a moustache, but they are all very detached, which is not helped by the fact that the hair is thick and sparse, owing to my West African heritage, causing it to become ingrown should I try to shave it with a straight blade, which also means I can never be fully beardless, so I always look like a mangy dog.

My own looks are best described as 'disturbing', owing to the fact that I have an ambiguous race, a cigarette burn in my right eye (which caused my anisocoria), acne-ravaged face and crooked teeth due to macroglossia (my tongue is so large I can lick the insides of my nose). The only thing that keeps me from veering into 'complete thug' territory are my glasses.
    @Loub‌ Well now my mental picture of you is really strange. Although the mental picture certainly doesn't sound anything like a "complete thug", unless the thugs you're accustomed to look very different than those I'm aware of. I feel like depending on what you do for a living (or what you plan to do, depending on your age, although I believe you're an adult) you should try and grow out the facial hair you have and work around it. I don't necessarily think every man needs a beard, but if you have to have something, I'm sure you can find ways to grow it so it looks better. But those're my thoughts. I also don't believe for a minute you look as bad as you say. Even the most arrogant humans think more is wrong with them physically than others do.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Keldorn looks almost 20 years younger!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    We clearly need moar beardification of Baldur's Gate portraits.

Just imagine: Mazzy with sideburns = one hell of an stylish dwarven lady!
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Shaving is impressive, but now @Serpentear leads! BEARDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

Elrandir said:

I'm patchy. Sucks but what can you do?

Grow the parts that do well, selectively so it looks good. I maintain small sideburns, a moustache and a thick goatee (chin beard? It ain't no little soul patch). A little bit of Native American blood makes my cheeks wispy and patchy, so I can't really rock a full beard (in fact, I have to trim back one sideburn much more often than the other), though if I felt like it I could do a neck beard. Thing is, I don't like how neck beards look so that's personal preference.

If you're saying that your whole face comes in about as well as my cheeks, well... clean-cut can be a nice look too. I won't lie, part of the reason I have some beard is because I'm lazy about shaving so there's less real estate to shave (also, it makes my face less boring).
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Ooooh you just gotta love a man with a beard ... well at least I do. I was a sucker for the Keldorn romance mod before ... now I'm going to have to do it again with that scrummy bearded Keldorn.

@Serpentear bloody nice work mate. The beards really match the rest of the portraits.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Amazing! Beards are great as a proud beard owner myself! There are two types of people, men with beards, and women.

edited July 2014

Did someone mention beards? I couldn't hear them - my beard has blocked my ears

Oh please tell me this is open season on beards. . .
    @CaloNord we better not do that here, as we could distract from how bloody marvellous Serpentears bearded pix are.

@Serpentear my apologies for helping to temporarily derail this thread. I should know better - and I am still highly impressed with the bearded Keldorn - he is HOT!
    Hahaha I actually rather like the bearded Keldorn to. I might flip it and use it for a bad ass fighter. :D
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    While not a new creation, a long time ago I made a few portraits for the NPCs after an Imoen prank:

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CamDawg said:

While not a new creation, a long time ago I made a few portraits for the NPCs after an Imoen prank:

Oh, mine eyes! Keldorn.... K-, ke-
    so... Pink.......
    Ye gods. The poor 'zerky dwarf! ;) Hahahaha What have you DONE CamDawg?! :P
    Ooooh - violet pink beards. What's not to love!
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @PeterOtt yeaa, I also like the sound of dusting! :wink:
    (Welcome to the Forums! < :cookie: miraculously *borrowed* from @Nimran >)

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    You know, as a ferret, my whole body is bearded.