Skip to content

Hexxat or Sarevok: The Best Evil Thief

2»

Comments

• blainedeyoungblainedeyoung Member Posts: 13
    Hexxat is feeble. She doesn't have any HPs. It's like having another mage, but she can't cast spells!
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    edited April 2014
    Elrandir said:

Hahaha I think of you as the number guy, @jacobtan‌ . You bring a mean sack full of units with you whenever you debate. XD

I persuade people for a living, but I didn't think I was so bad. Different people require different techniques of persuasion... some are more amenable to facts than feelings so it pays literally to be prepared :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014
    I think Sarevok is better because of many reasons, of course Hexxat can do better if you know how to use her and her abilities (like pretty much everything) but Sarevok is mostly easy to use.
    In powergaming terms Sarevok is the best NPC in ToB, Jan Jansen is the best NPC in SoA while Hexxat is the best NPC in the EE, but Jan Jansen+Sarevok is MUCH better than Hexxat, even if you dual-class Sarevok to a thief in spite of having Jan (best thief in vanilla BG2), Sarevok could get ***** in Staves to have really insane backstabs (in vanilla BG2 he is the best backstabber in the game), while Hexxat is limited to * and STR bbonus don't get multiplied in the EE.
    Hexxat can be the best Mage-killer in the game if you give her Arrows of Biting (they add STR damage bonus) and a Time Stop scroll, but Jan Jansen can memorize Time Stop (twice at level 18 since he is an Illusionist) and get a STR belt. Sarevok has 1 APR more than everyone else and he is able to reach grand-mastery.
    Hexxat has a Min HP effect opcode over her amulet, and if you make her encumbered, she can't move to your PC to get into the Bag of Dragomir, best is to use the Golden Child Statue from her quest (which weights 1k Ibs) to hold her in one spot and she is the best tank in the game because she is immortal, have Korgan in ranged and any foe you are trying to kill is going to be killed for sure.
    Saverok is able to use Jan Jansen's cloth for 25% Physical damage resistance, plus DoE, plus Hardiness, plus Rornach's Horn (you can have the Staff of the Ram+6 without it but you can use it for a while anyway), plus FoA+5 and the Belt of Inertial Barrier, Sarevok will have 85% resistance to Slashing and Piercing, 127% to Crushing (Ascension Amelyssan's weapon deals Crushing damage, surprise!) and 110% to Missile (Illasera can shoot arrows to her ass now), that with, let's say, ***** in Flails, you have one of the best combinations for Sarevok in the game, if you give him a Time Stop scroll he will make all hits (or just level up him a few more levels as a fighter (use infinite arrows and an AI script in Saradush for a long time) to get Critical Strike) with 2 base, 1 from GM, 1 from Offhand and +1/2 from GoES = 9/2 APR, if you use the Ring of the Gaxx's Haste, then equip FoA (this even works on the EE) and you will have 9 APR.
    So both Jan Jansen and Sarevok are still better than Hexxat, plus, they are some of my favorite NPCs while Hexxat isn't :P
    In conclusion: Hexxat is still a better tank that Sarevok because she has Min HP, but both Sarevok and Jan have a much better Offensive, and they can also get a very good defense. Also I don't like making someone tank with Min HP, maybe cheesing can break immersion, but have an immortal character does that a lot more (and really talking the only immersion breaking cheese I am using is farming Fire Giants, which isn't immersion breaking for me, you are just helping in the defense and they are a very huge army).
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    Archaos said:

I'm not going to use that human steamroller (Sarevok) as a thief or a mage. Never, ever.

Viconia will want that human steamroller to steamroll over her as her sex slave :P
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Archaos said:

I'm not going to use that human steamroller (Sarevok) as a thief or a mage. Never, ever.

He's a good deal more powerful as a Fighter/Mage, though it is the definition of overkill, and the downtime sucks.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited April 2014
    @jackjack Everytime I imagine Sarevok walking around in robes and a staff, carrying a spellbook for 18 levels, I die a little inside.