Skip to content

BG2EE TOB Aerie lovetalk bug. ExpLovetalk #16 (wedding ceremony at dawn) doesn't happen

sharaku77sharaku77 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Aerie TOB Lovetalk #16 is about wedding ceremony at dawn and this script is activated only if all quests (except Mellisan) are done so usually this script starts only after a player party defeats Ravager for the last test to open the gate to Melissan.

In my case, when I defeated Ravager, the music for lovetalk script started playing so I expected some romance script would begin but music for romance talk script is playing and any script didn't show up.

Someone uploaded Aerie romance scenes in BG2EE to Youtube(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY0CfT_Ftrc) and I can't find the script(ExpLovetalk #16) in the video so I think it is kind of bug able to happen to anyone enjoying Aerie romance talk in BG2EE TOB.

I attached my save file right before a battle with Ravager.

ExpLovetalk number of this save file is 15 and after defeating Ravager and playing the music for romance script, Explovetalk number is changed to 17 so I am pretty sure that the music playing without script should be for ExpLovetalk number 16 and why the script doesn't appear even with playing the music for that is a script bug.

I have searched web to find someone experience same case but I couldn't. I think many of them don't know there is Explovetalk #16.

Explovetalk #16 for Aerie is following

=================================================================
ELT=16
(This will only happen after all of the challenges are done.)
Aerie: “My love... dawn is approaching soon. May I ask you something?”
1) “Of course, my dearest Aerie. You can ask me anything.”
2) “What... what is it? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?”

Aerie: “Relax ... we are both fine. You certainly are the stereotype of the worried father!
*grin* This is about something else.”

Aerie: “This is the happiest time of my life, . We have shared trials and tribulations. We
share the deepest love. And together we have created a new life. But I know our greatest challenges are still
ahead. Your ultimate destiny - and the destiny of our child - is yet to come. I... I don't know what awaits us,
. But once again I fear I may lose you...”
1) “Aerie... we will always be together. We are united as one.”
2) “I do not want to lose you, Aerie. But I cannot deny my destiny... whatever it may be.”

Aerie: “I know, my love. But still... could you do one thing for me? Could we celebrate our love in the
traditions of my people?”
1) “Of course... Aerie, will you give me your hand in marriage?”
2) “Are you saying we should have a wedding?”
3) “I have trouble picturing you in a bridal gown, Aerie.”

Aerie: “Oh, ! *giggle* Such ceremonies are not the custom of my people! True, we Avariel
have weddings - but they are usually grand and formal events reserved for nobility and political alliances
cemented through marriage. Most of my kind prefer a simpler marriage ceremony... the uniting of two hearts
with a simple vow as the sun appears on the horizon, for example.”
1) “Dawn is approaching, my love... shall we swear our love to each other now?”
2) “If that is your wish, Aerie my love, that is what we shall do.”
3) “Aerie, I would rather wait until this is all decided. If I am unable to remain with you, for any
reason...”

Aerie: “I... I understand, my love. Your destiny is still undecided. Very well... we can wait to perform this
simple ceremony. The important thing is that we remain together. The others are stirring, let us leave this until
later.”

Aerie: “Thank you, ! I, Aerie, shall stand by your side in both peace and battle. I shall
shoulder your burdens as you shoulder mine. I shall unite myself with you in body, mind and spirit. And I shall
remain with you always, as your wife. This I swear by the light of the rising sun.”
1) “And I, , shall stand by your side in both peace and battle. I shall shoulder your
burdens as you shoulder mine. I shall unite myself with you in body, mind and spirit. And I shall
remain with you always, as your husband. This I too swear by the light of the rising sun.”
Aerie: “You cannot imagine how happy this simple ceremony has made me, ! I wish... I wish
we could just lie here and savor this moment forever. But of course, I know we cannot. Even now the others
are stirring, and we must rise and continue our quest - for your own sake, as well as that of our child. Come,
my love... let us face the world as husband and wife.” (Congrats, you’re married!)

=====================================================================
Post edited by sharaku77 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,874
    The lovetalk appears to be in dialogue BAERIE25, while Aerie has dialogue Aerie25J.

I'm not sure how to change this yet as I can't see a setting in EE Keeper and Near Infinity only seems to see 6 instances of the protagonist.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Gate70‌ which version of NearInfinity do you have?
    Good question @CrevsDaak‌ 1.33 beta 20?
    OK, had a look in the resources area and picked up the latest dev version.
    Thanks