Skip to content

Unlimited potions supply in shops

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Please give unlimited potions supply to shops in BG:EE.
( Or refresh their supply every few days, but it can be hard on game script )

In BG1 was very low numbers important potions like potion of invisibility, or antipoison.

Loot of wizards are alchemists so they can made more potions.

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    edited August 2012
    Didn't some shops have unlimited supply of stuff, such as the Sorcerous Sundries' magic arrows? I remember I bought them bulk-wise there, and I was a little shocked when I realized that in BG2 I couldn't just get as many arrows +2 as I needed from the shops.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    No way. Limited resources are part of the fun.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Potion of invisibility are OP. A thief with 5 of them can solo Sarevok without getting hit. Besides, there is a ring for that :p

As for the Antidote, well, you can get plenty really. Agreed on the fact that there aren't plenty in stores for such a common potion. Infinite supplies would be kind of cheesy. MORE supplies would be good though. (or at least for common potions like antidotes and healing potions. 15 storm giant strength potions are too many for example)
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244

Potion of invisibility are OP. A thief with 5 of them can solo Sarevok without getting hit.

Give Sarevok immunity to backstab.

Didn't some shops have unlimited supply of stuff, such as the Sorcerous Sundries' magic arrows? I remember I bought them bulk-wise there, and I was a little shocked when I realized that in BG2 I couldn't just get as many arrows +2 as I needed from the shops.

Yes it is true.
    Some merchants in ToB have unlimited potions and arrows supply. ( So why not in BG:EE ? )

BTW:

Clerics in temples are off potions ?
    This is normal for you ?

" Hello, this is temple of Helm. I am very sorry, but we dont have any healing potions. One adventurer was buy ALL FIVE ( ours full inventory ) and we dont know how made more. "
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Limiting potion in BG is a game balance issue. Unlimited potions would make the game a cakewalk,
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Bag of holding + unlimited number of storm giant strength potions = Why did I reroll so many times for Strength.

No way. Let it stay the way it is now.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244

Limiting potion in BG is a game balance issue. Unlimited potions would make the game a cakewalk,

BG1 was cakewalk even on hard difficulty...
    This is about unreal game mechanic.
    Is stupid if temples have 3 - 5 healing potions.
  • AshielAshiel Member Posts: 254
    I gotta agree. You're not the only people expected to buy potions. They should be making plenty of them, or have stores re-stock every 24 hours or so. If you have gold, you should be able to buy common consumables.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    At least restock the potions (say 10 or 20 or something) once a week. This would make potions a little better, but put in the time so that it's like they are brewing up a new batch when they run low on the ones on hand. On the other hand... clerics cast spells of healing, too, and they get those once a day. I would see them focusing on that much more than brewing potions in a temple.