Skip to content

My exported characters lose innate abilities

Everytime I use an exported character into BGII Throne of Baal or Shadows of Amn - they never have their innate abilities. This sucks because they're always level capped.

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    You won't have any innate abilities when you export your character into ToB.

You should have your innate abilities when you export your character into BG2, unless you're exporting a character that is so far along with the story line that s/he has already lost his abilities.

So who are you trying to export, and what level are they?
  • XiianXiian Member Posts: 15
    any character I import. I always import characters which I leveled in Black Pits II; they're already at their level cap of 80000000xp whether thats lv34 or 40. As you know, when you're that high of level you gain abilities that are stored in your innate ability menu. When I start SoA they are no longer available. However, I did not play SoA long enough to find out if they gain the abilities once they leave the dungeon/lab.
    Forgot to note - the characters still have their innate abilities when imported into a new black pits II game.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It is not supposed for you to start SoA with 8M XP. And import the characters during battles, importing from the Black Pits isn't what it's supposed to do, so the can't use spells/can't use innate effects acts there.
    CrevsDaak said:

It is not supposed for you to start SoA with 8M XP. And import the characters during battles, importing from the Black Pits isn't what it's supposed to do, so the can't use spells/can't use innate effects acts there.

Why? I use to export characters and start new playthrough's with level capped characters all the time with the original Baldur's Gate games. I prefer that type of playthrough because you can have a smaller party.

Are you trying to tell me that this is working as intended?
    If so, whats the intention? Why the limitation?
    Are you sure it's not just an oversight/bug?
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Xiian said:

CrevsDaak said:

Why? I use to export characters and start new playthrough's with level capped characters all the time with the original Baldur's Gate games. I prefer that type of playthrough because you can have a smaller party.

Are you trying to tell me that this is working as intended?
    If so, whats the intention? Why the limitation?
    Are you sure it's not just an oversight/bug?
    Um, for starters, because there's no point in playing SoA with so overpowered characters in the first place? Game environment isn't designed for such characters, doing so makes everything awfully easy. SoA ain't Diablo.
    You guys seem pretty arrogant; once you've finished more playthroughs of the game than you have digits then playing the game however you like is more favorable then these limitations. Whatever, I can just get the original BG2 on pc and do that, just a shame that the enhanced edition would add limitations from the original. Would hope they'd only expand. Really to me it just seems like an over sight in the software that is not being owned up to.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Eight or eight million, I'm pretty sure any character imported into the Shadows of Amn section shouldn't lose Innate abilities, especially the High Level Abilities. I have never encountered this.

@Xiian,

Do you have a Black Pits save game with such characters so I can check it out, or the exported characters? You can zip and upload either/or/both if possible.