Skip to content

Quest Pack (beta) available for BGII: EE

WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
edited August 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
Quest Pack was written by SimDing0 et al. and adds a bunch of additional content to the game in the form of new quests and expansions to existing material. (Yes, it's modular and you can pick and choose.) Those who've played it seem to rather like it. Version 3 is compatible with BGII: EE. It is available as an open beta to flush out remaining issues, but I expect it to be on the fixed side already. Feel free to treat the beta as a form of early access and go nuts, but if you do encounter a problem, please report it so I can fix it.

You can download the latest beta here. The mod's forum is here.

140628: updated the link to point to beta 4.
140828: updated the link to point to beta 5.
Post edited by Wisp on

Comments

• AcruxAcrux Member Posts: 11
    I'm really glad to see this.
  • kitasemuatanahkitasemuatanah Member Posts: 12
    Some good quests going on here. Thanks. But one thing. I'm having a problem entering into Nazarial the lich area. Nothing but ctds. Other than that, this is a cool mod. I'm on a mac if that is helpful at all.
    At the end of the Nazarial component install, got this message: WARNING: tilesets were not installed because tisunpack was not found in questpack/bin/osx
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited June 2014
    Seems like I overlooked adding a OS X version of tisunpack. Beta 4 fixes this issue. Nazariel is the only component to be affected by this and it can be fixed by upgrading to beta 4 and reinstalling the component (or really, by placing an appropriate version of tisunpack in questpack/bin/osx and reinstalling).
    I see. Ok will give it a try now. Thank you very much
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Working beautifully so far! Thank's for the heads up! Many thanks to everyone who took the time to bring it up to BG:EE compatibility :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cognoscentuscognoscentus Member Posts: 65
    @wisp or anyone else. Will you suggest where in my install order should I install this mod?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Sergio said:

How much time before Beta 5? :D

First they will have to make "The Road to Beta 5" and get 500 people to bugfix it and beta test it.

• DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    That looks really nice. Can somebody give some more information on compatibility?
    How would this interact with:
    - Spell Rev.
    - Item Rev.
    - Rouge Rebalance
    - unfinished Business

Sorry if that has been answered before, but in the forum and readme I did not find this information .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited August 2014
    @cognoscentus‌
    You'd install it around the point where you'd install NPCs and other quest mods. There is some cross-mod with Kelsey and Keto which is only made available if QP is installed after those mods. QP is an old mod, so it very possible other mods have install-before or install-after relationships with QP. Consult their readmes. Other than that, install it before RR and definitely before any tweak mods.

Link has been updated to beta 5, which was released a couple of weeks ago. Sorry about forgetting about you guys.
  • cognoscentuscognoscentus Member Posts: 65
    Thanks!
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Perfect, thanks :)
  • Duncanidaho1234Duncanidaho1234 Member Posts: 4
    Every time I try to download Questpack for BG 2 Enhanced Edition it comes up with Error 404. Does this thing still exist or do I have to find it somewhere else?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Great stuff as been looking at quest mods to add, is it compatible with SCS?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @brunardo
    From SCS readme:

Quest Pack's AI and creature enhancements should be compatible with SCS II. Install Quest Pack first, then install whichever components of SCS you want: they will override the Quest Pack for the affected creatures. Quest Pack still has some content not influenced by SCS II: notably, it improves Mummies and Umber Hulks.

So the answer is yes :)
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Awesome, thanks @Aedan
    I downloaded the files to my Mac OSX and tried executing the command thing so I can use this for BG2 EE but this pops up.

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    Just found this, excited to give it a try, seems great.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @Duncanidaho1234 Please read this topic for instructions on how to install mods for Mac OS X. You're probably trying to install the mod from a wrong folder.
    I'll have to take a look at it later, but thanks for the help! :)
    Ok, there's so much I still don't understand because I am not nearly this computer literate. Am I supposed to just copy Weidu folders into the Resources folder for BG. Where does the quest mod stuff go? How do I know any of this is working. The link you provided had a video demonstration but their was no voice instruction and most of the type was so small I couldn't see it. I'm sorry I'm just really struggling with this stuff.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @Duncanidaho1234 I don't know Mac OSX unfortunately. I believe you should ask your questions in the Mac specific topic. This time, the link points to page 1, where you'll find written instructions.
    They answer your question about where you should put the files, both weidu and the mod files, then there is an explanation on what to do to run the mod installer.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Where do I get 3.2 for this mod? I've found 3.1 but I'm looking for Wisps 3.2 update 'http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29439.0'
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346

Where do I get 3.2 for this mod? I've found 3.1 but I'm looking for Wisps 3.2 update 'http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29439.0'

Please see http://www.pocketplane.net/quest

It might be a bit confusing that this page (and the Readme) states Version 3.1 but the downloaded mod will be version 3.2
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    I hope it's ok if I drop my issue in here.

In my current game I have the Quest Pack installed. I was headed for the Windspear Hills, and since with Quest Pack you're supposed to be able to dispel the illusion on the knights when first arriving, I prepped a few dispels and such.

Neither the normal nor the Inquisitor's Dispel Magic did anything. The best result I had was True Sight, which did indeed revert the ogres' appearance to knights, but they remained hostile. I also tried to Charm them, but their magic resistance denied that.

Am I missing something, or is this component simply cosmetic and is it just not possible to save those knights?
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    edited December 2016
    It's just cosmetic, only mod I know of that lets you save the knights is Ajantis NPC for BG2 and you still need to butcher them first.
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    @Sjerrie
    You dispel their illusion but you still look like monsters to them so they keep attacking.