Skip to content

Nashkel grayed out?

I'm on my first time playing through and I cannot seem to get nashskel to unlock. I went south to where it looks like on the world map that I should be able to access it, by the road marker near the edge of the map. Doesn't work. I've been wandering around for ages just trying to figure out how to get there!

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    To reach a new area for the first time, you have to find your way there by traveling through adjacent maps until you reach one that is next to your destination. Note that when you travel from the edge of your local map, the nearby area(s) revealed depend on which edge you're leaving from, i.e. if you want to see if there are any new areas to the south, you have to leave from the southern edge of your current map. Area icons are black if you've been there before, blue if you haven't but can go there from where you are, and faded brown if you need to "discover" them first by traveling to an adjacent zone.
  • WarKiittyWarKiitty Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2014
    Jalily said:

To reach a new area for the first time, you have to find your way there by traveling through adjacent maps until you reach one that is next to your destination. Note that when you travel from the edge of your local map, the nearby area(s) revealed depend on which edge you're leaving from, i.e. if you want to see if there are any new areas to the south, you have to leave from the southern edge of your current map. Area icons are black if you've been there before, blue if you haven't but can go there from where you are, and faded brown if you need to "discover" them first by traveling to an adjacent zone.

Yes I am quite well aware of that. The problem is I'm trying to go from the southern edge of what sure seem to be the adjacent map and it's STILL faded out. Hence why I said in my first post I was wandering around where the marker said it was to the south, at the edge of the map.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,265
    Which one are you on? This one?

or this one?

You can access Nashkel by clicking on the southern border of the first one.
  • WarKiittyWarKiitty Member Posts: 4
    I was on the first one. Apparently I saved and reloaded and it worked.