Skip to content

My HD is Ripped In Pieces

CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
(...Resting in Peace and Road in Patagonia)

My computer's HD is completely broken now, I opened BG2:EE, created a ToB game and after some time, the screen turned black and I started hearing [insert the sound of a half-broken HD here].
My computer's HD died while it was processing something that was BG related, so I can say that it fied doing it's right job.

| |
=== • ===
| |
____| |_____
/ R•I•P \
| Mac_HD the |
| Hard Drive, |
| killed by |
| BG2:EE |
| at L0 0' with |
| a max of 47 |
| Hit points at |
| level 47 |
I lost all my saved games I haven't backed up a month ago and all my work in my Intruder thief kit.
Now I'll go to scavenge a MacBook for a HD, good luck there's one no one uses in my home :D
PibarojackjackTroodon80JuliusBorisov

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Well, seems that trying to make ASCII art from mobile was a worthless try.
    PibarojackjackAristilliusJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited May 2014
    I'm sorry, that sucks, though There's not much I can do to help. Was it old, and so expected, or was this a surprise?
    CrevsDaak
    meagloth said:

Was it old, and so expected, or was this a surprise?

Yes, yes and no ;P

It was late 2006, and since 2 minths ago it's making damn many noise so, well, shit like this happen.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I ordered a MacBook Pro off eBay once, it said it was 2011 so I was pumped because I had got it for like $300, way less then all the other ones like it. When it arrived I was glad to see it worked and completely dumbfounded, because the seller had not wiped it. At all. It was amazing, it was some teenaged girls, and it didnt even have a password. I was able to access her email, iMessage, photos and browser history, among other things. The browser history was baaaaaadddddd, and that's all I'm going to say about that. It's was absurd.
    After working perfectly well for ~30 minutes, i shut it down and then it refused to turn back on. You could push the power button, and it would light up, and you heard a blank cd I accidentally put in it to see if it would respond spin, and the fan was on, but the screen was black. We took it to the Genius Bar, and they where like, "haha, this is a 2007, buddy, and there's no ways it's coming back!" And we where like "shit."
    Luckily we where able to contact the seller and get a full refund, so it worked out, even if I didn't get a computer. Stuck with my iPad mini. (No, no, I like you, it's just- no wait, com back!)
    We had never used ebay before and after that debacle every time it ask if I can try to get something from eBay, my parents say "HA!" :/
    PibaroJuliusBorisovjacobtan
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Don't worry Crevs, it turns out that it's actually easier to use styles. ;-)
    O

R•I•P
    Mac_HD the
    Hard Drive,
    killed by
    BG2:EE
    at L0 0' with
    a max of 47
    Hit points at
    level 47

CrevsDaakjackjackPibaroJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014
    Sorry to hear that :(

I lost two hard drives in a span of about 5 months. Lost all of my IWD2 saves both times too. So I understand the frustration.
    JuliusBorisov
    (This happened two days ago but I've been studying so... yeah, didn't posted it).
    Actually, I booted my computer with an external disk, and seems that my HD is working, but it had 34 GB free instead of the 9 GB free it had when I last used it... so... I formatted the disk and repaired it with the backup, until now, it made some noises, but seems to be working fine.
    In the end I lost very few stuff, mostly my BG:EE and BG2:EE installs and my BG:EE's saves (for @Quartz: our save made it to the backup some time before, so don't worry!), so, yeah, no more Blade run for anyone :(
    I am going to install SCS again over BG:EE, but really giving every single spellcaster a bunch of levels more!
    jackjackelminsterJuliusBorisov
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @CrevsDaak Woooo~!

Man, sorry about your computer trouble. Sucks!!
    CrevsDaakjackjackelminster