Skip to content

Items unable to delete/get rid?

JaseaceJaseace Member Posts: 44
I have multiple items in my inventory that i cant get rid of. My main character is filled with no room for anything else (rather annoying!). Ive just managed to kill Draconis, but cant kill Algarath (The easier one?!). In the Dwarf Castle, I kill all the shadows, the shadow dragon but cant kill the mage (cant remember his name) its shows as nearly dead for an age and then time runs out and all my party die, Im sure its all part of the same bug??

Tried both lairs a few times now and getting nowhere fast. Didnt realise and cant remember their ever being this many problems when i played this the first time round all those years ago.

Regards

Jase

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Huloo, could you be a little more specific please? If you're inventory is full, then make sure you have all the bags of holding, gem bags, potion cases, ammo belts(first level of watches keep) ect. These are in most ToB shops. You also seem to have a problem with rasaads quest, I think you're not running out in time. You have to come back without killing algorath(spelling?). I can't open you're save right now(on mobile) but some other people should be far more helpful than I.
  • JaseaceJaseace Member Posts: 44
    Hello, yes I have all items to hold equipment, all of those you mention. Its items that I cannot move/get rid of, they have been added with CreateItem and now unable to get rid of them.

Yes, its Rasaads quest, The portal closes when I confront him and his shadow dragon. He wont die, even after killing his dragon and other shadow beings (Crikey they just keep spawning!). He is always Near death, but never actually dies (Im assuming to collect whatever it is to get out off his dead corpse?).

Regards
    Jase
    Ok, I see. I've never even used the console, so I can't help you there. @CrevsDaak‌ are you there? I don't remember rasaads quest real well, but I know you don't get to kill alogorth. (He's 2E canon you see, beamdog didn't make him up) I remember you have to get out of there pretty quick though. Just keep trying, I remember it being frustrating.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2014
    Sorry, I haven't played Rasaad's quest yet, I made an evil party for my first BG2:EE playthrough.
    I meant the item problem, @CrevsDaak‌ it looks like an easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Jaseace‌ - Download EE Keeper and use it to remove the undroppable items.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2/p1
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited May 2014
    You can also use NearInfinity:

1) select the undroppable item in NearInfinity (e.g. "PLAT07")
    2) check the "Droppable" flag
    3) export in override
    4) load your save
    5) drop the item
    6) save
    7) now you can safely delete the item (e.g. PLAT07.ITM) from the override folder

Edit: it's also possible to use NearInfinity to remove the undroppable item by editing directly the savegame, without having to export the item in override, but it's a bit more complicated to do.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Be careful CLUA'ing in items, some are NPC or monster only and cannot be moved/removed.

I call these types of items Bhaal-Ware. They bog down your PC and track your questing habits.

But seriously, here is a script that will clean out the junk you can't drop.
    1. Extract zip somewhere and place PC_mech.bs in your Scripts folder (same directory as 'override')
    2. Load your save game
    3. Drop all the items you DONT want to lose on the ground and then move a few steps off the pile
    4. Goto Customize -> Scripts -> select PC_mech -> Done
    5. Go back to gameplay, ensure Party AI is ON
    6. Hit the "D" key
    7. Check your inventory -> should now be empty. go back to Customize and UNASSIGN that script, choose anything else, Default is best.
    8. Go grab the stuff you dropped! Done
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Nice one @Cuv. Now I'm gonna use your script to destroy Aerie's Baby :D