Skip to content

Baldur's Gate in the real world...

Let us hunt down the secrets of Faerun on this planet and find the lost cities, towns and wonders of Baldur's Gate! :D

I'll start us off...

The Friendly Arm Inn (Hedingham Castle and Rochester Castle)

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh cool. I remember seeing on some forum that Gnoll stronghold was modelled after a historical place as well. Can't seem to remember the name, though.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    Keep them coming guys! Good work :D
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Do I smell turnips?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well, somewhat similar to Quebec City, yes ... but there are also loads of walled-and-gated cities in Europe which look (or used to look) somewhat similar to BG. Chester (in England) is quite well-preserved and still looks rather like BG to this day. Here's an old drawing of Chester (credit Martin Stuart Moore):
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    How the hell do you pronounce that? :P
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Just on a side note, if THAT is Quebec city I'm moving tomorrow. That, is STUNNING.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    @CaloNord, it seems that it is :D
    Hope you folks are fluent in Quebecois Francais... or you're gonna have a bad time. :p
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited July 2014
    CaloNord said:

Just on a side note, if THAT is Quebec city I'm moving tomorrow. That, is STUNNING.

Amazing what a sunset and a riverfront can do to a city, huh?
    imageimageimageimageimage
    imageimage
    @elminster‌ thats fine in Montreal, but QC is notoriously conservative, and a portion of the populace are definately not welcoming to anglophones. Probably still pissy about the Nordiques leaving town!

Off topic but appropriate, enjoying a Bard's Brew... brewed by Bard's Tale Brewery. ;)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    The high hedge must surely be inspired on a real building as well.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    The Song of the Morning Temple looks like a mosque.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    DreadKhan said:

@elminster‌ thats fine in Montreal, but QC is notoriously conservative, and a portion of the populace are definately not welcoming to anglophones. Probably still pissy about the Nordiques leaving town!

Ohh I'm well aware of the differences when it comes to speaking English between Quebec City and Montreal. I'd personally still do it :D
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Only way to know if its spellhold or not is if there is a magical barrier that petrifies people trying to walk to it (unless they have a wardstone). :)
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • That balcony gives Irenicus a great opportunity to break into opera xD