Skip to content

Imoen's big fat round face

124»

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Paladin - Garrick and the paladin-looking male are based on two different persons, though.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @blatantninja

Really like the new Jaheria picture. The hair always bothered me. Do you have these posted anywhere to use in the game?

No, since it isn't mine - I just snatched it from the Internet. However, you can just save the pic I posted above to your computer, then crop and resize it to appropriate dimensions. As to how to get it to replace the original portrait... uh... I think I used an 'alternate portraits pack' mod, configured it to only change Jaheira's pic, then switched the pic the mod was using with this one. I say I think, 'cause it's been some time ago. I had much more patience for tinkering with content back then. (Now I'm older lady over thirty and don't have much patience at all... I's so sad... ;) .

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I've always thought BG1 Imoen was the most attractive of all the BG portraits - though I do agree the portrait looks "too old" to be Imoen. I think the 2nd default female (the one used for Osprey) would've been better suited for Imoen.

By contrast, BG2 Imoen was the ugliest of all the BG portraits IMO.

• AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273

I've always thought BG1 Imoen was the most attractive of all the BG portraits - though I do agree the portrait looks "too old" to be Imoen. I think the 2nd default female (the one used for Osprey) would've been better suited for Imoen.

You have a very interesting perspective on beauty. Does Rosie O'Donnel turn you on by any chance?
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Osprey sure was purdy. :3 No, seriously.
  • VedwintheTyrantVedwintheTyrant Member Posts: 50
    I agree with Schneidend's first post. And so does God.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

What? Imoen's BG1 portrait is way better than her BG2 one, imo.

Part of me feels this way... It's how I was introduced to the more carefree BG1 character, and it kind of ingrained itself in my mind as such. Her personality becomes darker and more haunted in BG2, and I think it is actually that I like the Imoen I know from BG1 better that is shaping how I feel about the respective portraits.

Over time I have come to like this modified portrait of Imoen for BG2, and I now use it for BGT:

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Syntia13 said:

EDIT (25.11.2012) Later I did another version of her, one that would make her look younger and another one that shows how she looks after putting on that cursed girdle:

The picture on the left is by far the best picture of Imoen I've seen, I'll be using this for BGEE in all likelihood, @Syntia13 has done really good work here.

• SarSar Member Posts: 7
    Imoen to me was always her BG2 portrait. Her BG1 portrait never really worked for me.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Sar said:

Imoen to me was always her BG2 portrait. Her BG1 portrait never really worked for me.

Have to say I feel totally the opposite way about that. Did you play BG2 before BG1?

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Thank goodness that good ol imoen is staying the same! I like her before being irreparably mentally damaged whilst being tortured in prison. I love her devil may care attitude of BG I :)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I honestly like Immy's BG1 portrait - it clearly shows her as a happy, pink little sister , which is actually a nice twist for a thief.

Mystique from x-men first class also had a round face and no one complained...
  • SarSar Member Posts: 7
    Shin said:

Sar said:

Have to say I feel totally the opposite way about that. Did you play BG2 before BG1?

Nope, played BG1 when it was released, then TotSC when it came out. BG2 by this stage was a first day purchase, as was ToB.

Always hated her portrait in the first game, the disconnect between her portrait and in game voice pack was rectified by the 2nd game IMO, because her original portrait was about 15 years older than her voice tbh.

• Smiling_ImpSmiling_Imp Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2012
    Wow! Never realized that the portraits were modeled after the developers.

Personally, I have always used this touched up version of Imoen.

http://i45.tinypic.com/aujhgh.jpg[/IMG]
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    edited December 2012
    I found a pretty fantastic Imoen pic by SQWID over at deviant Art. Unfortunately, the proportions are bit off to cut-out a perfect portrait, but this is what I was able to do with it.

Here is the link for the complete piece:
    http://sqwid.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2oecq4

I have to say that, for me, this is probably my favority depiction of Imoen I've ever seen, and it makes a pretty fantastic portrait, despite being a little too "zoomed" in. I'm currently using it, even though the lack of proportion to the other chars does bug me, admittedly. I generally prefer a uniformity of style in the portraits.

I think it really capture's Immy's carefree, bubbly personality in BG1. Wouldn't really work in BG2, admittedly.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    @Deucetipher Somebody's in loooooooooove ;)
    edited December 2012
    @KryptBeowulf
    Jajaja, fair enough :).

No harm in posting it twice a few days apart, I thought. I figured I'd catch some flak :D

This was a better thread to post it in anyway.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    It's ok, I have a temporary crush on the new model for Bioshock Infinite.
    We are troubled, troubled souls.

Ain't no sunshine...
  • VelkirVelkir Member Posts: 70
    http://catalogingjunkie.net/BG1BG2style/index.htm remake of BG1 portaits..funny enough Faldorn is the one with the most work done to..and Viconia is missing for some reason..no matter i use her BG2 portrait along with Jaheira and Imoen anyways
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    edited March 2013
    -
    Post edited by IkMarc on
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396

IMO Jaheira is HOT in BGI, my perfect woman. Always replace her with that Elf waif thing in BGII. ;)

Love the BG1 portrait of Jaheira
    she looks more youthful and Innocent
    But i like her BG2 portrait more , more battle hardened and determined

• tenlangtenlang Member Posts: 246
    There are portraits alternative Neera?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited April 2013
    Well Melissa Disney voiced Imoen. She looks like this:
    imageimageimage
    Her portrait should look like it came from this person.
  • MishiMishi Member Posts: 8
    Nothing wrong with most of the faces, tbh. But some of the BG1 portraits bug me because they don't look like my conception of the characters, or the expression on their faces don't seem in character.

Coran's demented grin, for intance. And he doesn't look attractive enough. (Although I understand that that's a subjective opinion.) He's a lady's man, but if you had just given me his portrait I might have mistaken him for some bloodthirsty barbarian.

Imoen's BG1 portrait looks lovely, but it looks quite a bit older than how I picture her.

None of the elves really look like elves, even the ones that have ears plainly in sight. (Bonus points for Coran who's a full-blooded elf and has human ears, compared to half-elf Khalid's pointy elf ears.) And I don't know if it's just the lighting in Viconia's portrait but she really doesn't look like she has a drow's colouring.