Skip to content

[Android] Save-Time and Map bugs

CairnCairn Member Posts: 6
edited May 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Bug: Saved Files show a time that is always 6-7 hours earlier than the in-game time reported when the game was saved. Game time should be the same as shown on the save file (or visa versa) or else reflect real-time.

Bug: Map-marker text does not display properly at the top of the map as intended. A single-click/press on the icon only briefly flashes the text across the text field at a rate too fast to read. A single-click/press on the icon should permanently display the name of the icon at the top text box of the map until another element is selected or until the icons are dismissed.

Edit: Added to clarify bug with save-files time.
Post edited by Cairn on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Troodon80‌ - can you confirm this issue form happening?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    The game time is known, and has been since the original game was released. You can find documentation about it here. It would be great if this was changed. It is not a bug, however.

Map marker text appears fine on my Nexus 7, 2013. More information is needed about the device model and Android version.

Tagging @Dee.
  • CairnCairn Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2014
    @Troodon80: Thanks for your insights. Please see my comments below.

RE: Device info needed - I am on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet. Stock Rom updated to Android Version 4.1. It has a 1.2 GHz quad core ARM processor and 2 GB ram.

Re: Map marker text. I downloaded and checked on my Galaxy S4 (Android OS V 4.3), and find there the map marker text works as it should - so this does appear to be related to an issue either with the android version and/or Note 10.1 tablet.

Re: Game time - That description in the infinity engine about in-game time and real-time playing the game is not what I am describing. Specifically, the game time displayed on the save file is always 6-7 hours slower than the reported by in-game time (as shown by the in-game clock). This is independent of how many times you rest and does not appear to be linked to the real-time clock at all as it is always relative to the in-game time. I have found this bug is also reported here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11263/bug-dates-on-game-saveload-screen-dont-match-journal-entry-date-or-game-clock-date/p1
    with some screen shots. I do not see that it was ever addressed though it is called out in the announcement of known issues.