Skip to content

Was gonna try making a new sorc with my new custom portrat and sound

I just rolled a 101 :):):):):):):)

I needed to brag to somebody becouse my wife just didnt care at all

What the hell is the chance of this????? i never rolled anything higher than 95!

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    I like your enthusiasm!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited May 2014
    ...punctuation...
    Quartz said:

gaaaaaawd 101 on a Sorceror? That's bloody insane. Best I've done is a 97 point Bard ;D

Yea, that's actually really amazing. 101 would be a big deal on a paladin or ranger, but on a sorcerer.....
  • War_LordWar_Lord Member Posts: 28
    elf sorceror :O)
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited May 2014
    If you will excuse me, I feel I must give in to my teaching sensibilities and correct your linguistical wrongdoings.

'Sorceror' is not, nor was it ever, and likely will never be, a word in the English language. It is a corruption of 'Sorcerer' that stems from the fact that English-speakers thought (and still think) anything that sounded Latin must end in '-or' - except Sorcerer does not directly come from Latin - it actually comes from the French 'Sorcier' (which means sorcerer), which IN TURN comes from Latin - but not from a word remotely related to its contemporary meaning - 'Sors', which literally means 'luck' - and this word does NOT have any occupation derived from it in its language of origin, since luck is merely an abstract unexplainable phenomenon, which we all know are unwieldable. Fun fact: its archaic Portuguese derivate 'Sortílego' (which comes directly from Latin, thus skipping the French dispersion of its meaning) does indeed mean something to do with luck, standing for 'luck-reader/oracle'.
  • War_LordWar_Lord Member Posts: 28
    Loub said:

If you will excuse me, I feel I must give in to my teaching sensibilities and correct your linguistical wrongdoings.

'Sorceror' is not, nor was it ever, and likely will never be, a word in the English language. It is a corruption of 'Sorcerer' that stems from the fact that English-speakers thought (and still think) anything that sounded Latin must end in '-or' - except Sorcerer does not directly come from Latin - it actually comes from the French 'Sorcier' (which means sorcerer), which IN TURN comes from Latin - but not from a word remotely related to its contemporary meaning - 'Sors', which literally means 'luck' - and this word does NOT have any occupation derived from it in its language of origin, since luck is merely an abstract unexplainable phenomenon, which we all know are unwieldable. Fun fact: its archaic Portuguese derivate 'Sortílego' (which comes directly from Latin, thus skipping the French dispersion of its meaning) does indeed mean something to do with luck, standing for 'luck-reader/oracle'.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ee/ee068356f1e5c7e9859c4543ff148b69a3903c3f40ddeb779daa75d6fd93262f.jpg

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Loub‌

Posts like this make me happy, really! I still remeber that Sao Paolo mafia fellow;)
    The luck theme fits with the 101 roll :P