Skip to content

Would you prefer a mod NPC Thief, to be able to dual-class into a Thief/Mage or Thief/Fighter.

2»

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Why not both?
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Fardragon said:

Why not both?

In general, I like this idea, but here are some of my thoughts on it.

Artificially raising his intelligence to 17 in order to make him eligible for duel classing to Thief/Mage, wouldn’t have much affect on his power as a Thief. He was never going to have a very low intelligence anyway. I can also see how it might eventually fit with his character.

Artificially raising his strength to 17 in order to make him eligible for duel classing to Thief/Fighter, might also make him more powerful as a Thief, though I have never really understood the mechanics of strength and backstab. I never end up using them much. I can see this possibly fitting his character as well. Though I think he is more likely to try a well thought out approach to a fight, rather than a head on one.

His dexterity is set at 18 and his charisma at 16, yep these two are set. :)

Currently, his wisdom is 10. I don’t like going below 10 in any stat for an NPC. I also tend to think that a character with any intelligence needs at least a bit of wisdom in order to effectively use their intelligence.

Currently, his constitution is 12. I’d like to go a bit higher with this one, but anyone who drinks as much as he does is bound to suffer for it. :)

So basically, if I made him eligible for duel classing to both a mage and a fighter, his stats would look like this:

Strength 17
    Dexterity 18
    Constitution 12
    Intelligence 17
    Wisdom 10
    Charisma 16

Total: 90

I’ll admit that it seems a little odd to me that he would have such high scores in three different stats, but none of them really bother me from a role-play perspective.

Eligible for dueling to a mage only:

Strength 14
    Dexterity 18
    Constitution 12
    Intelligence 17
    Wisdom 10
    Charisma 16

Total: 87

Eligible for duel classing to a fighter only:

Strength 17
    Dexterity 18
    Constitution 12
    Intelligence 12
    Wisdom 10
    Charisma 16

Total: 85

As a straight thief:

Strength 14
    Dexterity 18
    Constitution 12
    Intelligence 12
    Wisdom 10
    Charisma 16

Total: 82

Any thoughts, insights?

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2016
    You could... give him a base 17 intelligence and put an effect on him that gives a -3 penalty or whatever to intelligence so that he has a moderate intelligence but still can dual-class to mage. It... might be a little odd and difficult to explain in story why he could be a mage with moderate INT but if you don't like looking at multiple 17s and 18s this is a solution. I don't recommend doing it for strength since it would nerf the strength belts on him as well.

Additionally I believe Yoshimo has a similar stat spread as the fighter-thief stats except with higher constitution and intelligence.