Skip to content

Narlen's Heist: How do I Warn the Thieves?

Hey,

Trying to finish this quest, but don't have the slightest idea of how I go about doing it. I'm supposed to "call out" if I see a Flaming Fist, so I wait until he shows up but at that point I have no idea what is it I'm supposed to do. It seems I have to do something before the guard initiates the dialog with me, but it doesn't seem like I can do anything but wait for him to approach me. Then I get the option to yell at that point, but it turns the guard hostile. Any advice? Thanks.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    You're doing this quest right, I think. Although you can think otherwise, the game forces you to do as you've written: you wait for a guard, start a conversation with him, yell and in the end the guard turns hostile.

Usually I retreat afterwards (invisible because I like to use my thief during this quest) and then use my cloak or the Charm spell to make the guard friendly.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    You warned the thieves by yelling out. Now you decide to run or attack the guard - which may hold concenquences when you meet the thieves back at the guild.
  • Carl_LCarl_L Member Posts: 41
    Thanks... I managed to figure it out...
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Carl_L said:

Hey,

Trying to finish this quest, but don't have the slightest idea of how I go about doing it. I'm supposed to "call out" if I see a Flaming Fist, so I wait until he shows up but at that point I have no idea what is it I'm supposed to do. It seems I have to do something before the guard initiates the dialog with me, but it doesn't seem like I can do anything but wait for him to approach me. Then I get the option to yell at that point, but it turns the guard hostile. Any advice? Thanks.

As others have said, this is exactly how the scenario is supposed to play out. All you can do is high tail it out of there, or maybe cast some form of sleep, fear, or paralyze spell on the guard.

Incidentally, if you haven't tried already, you should try stalling the guard for as long as you can in your dialogue choices before yelling to alert the thieves. Depending on how long you wait before alerting the thieves, there are somewhat different outcomes when you return.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I usually give my thief the Boots of Speed and maybe a Potion of Invisibility for the Narlen quests. That should make it easy enough to make a hasty retreat and/or go into the shadows.

If you have AI activated, you'll probably also want to equip your thief with a melee weapon so s/he doesn't decide to attack the guard once s/he is invisible.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Oh, this is good to know. This quest confused the hell out of me for months.